cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS S4 Hana 1511 Integration capabilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What are the integration capabilities on S4 Hana 1511 with SAP EHS Central Repository.

If there is a separate SAP EHS central repository which interfaces with multiple Logistics system and S4 Hana 1511 will be used as a primary ERP for all those Logistics system in future.

Which is the better way to go ahead to implement Product Safety and Dangerous Goods?

Implement EHS on S4 Hana 1511 by transferring the processes from EHS box?

or

Interface Central EHS box with S4 Hana 1511?

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaylan

you will find some documents on SCN and on SAP help etc. pages as well as SAP marketplace regarding your "doubts/questions" (bnut not easy fo find "good" ones); there are some OSS etc. which "talks" about use of S/4 HANA and EHS/EHSM.; some EHS classic components are not supported in S/4 HANA (check OSS notes !)

But as Pavan explained: this is very strategic decision; as well other options exists as "on premise" etc. solutions.

Coming back to your doubts:

What are the integration capabilities on S4 Hana 1511 with SAP EHS Central Repository.

=> if you have an S/4 HANA installation you can use EHS/EHSM (according to what I have read sofar and learned as well) in one system

RegardinG:

If there is a separate SAP EHS central repository which interfaces with multiple Logistics system and S4 Hana 1511 will be used as a primary ERP for all those Logistics system in future.

=> this is more complex.... S/4 Hana is "normally" the follower of SAP ERP. So I am not sure: why do you would like to use on S/4 HANA installation and many parallel SAP ERP systems?

IN any case: according to my knowlegde: whatever scenario you look for: as longas ALE is the same you can use EHS classic and exchnage data between several SAP installations

=> Which is the better way to go ahead to implement Product Safety and Dangerous Goods?

no clear answer is possible: Any SAP EHS installaiton will take some time and deciscions are needed (e.g do I use contetn etc.)

may be checke.g. Some links: SAP S/4HANA 1511 On-Premise Roadmap

C.B.

PS: i  have reread your sentence:

This is not a good approach. You would stick with EHS on one system and any logistic part on S/4 Hana; but as we know: you must integrate.

Reasons are like:

MSDS dispatch

SVT

GLM

and many others

Therefore this is not a good option.. 

As Markl has explained: becuase of many reasons: SAP ERP systems are reduced if possible; if you have onEHS installaiton and one SAP ERP you may be should move EHS installation to SAP ERP.

There is currently only one reason for EHS classic to stay in one system: the "low" performance of EHS (mainly EHS-BD);

For EHS classic there is as well a sizing guide available. (so caleld "T shirt sizing);

May be check as well:

SAP S/4HANA 1511 - Is It MORE about the ROADMAP... | SCN

S4/HANA new Installation | SCN

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100011787552015E.pdf

As well check SAP S/4HANA | SCN

E.g. there is an interesting number of documents like:

SAP S/4HANA - Frequently Asked Questions - Part... | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan,

First & foremost you need to understand that migration to S4HANA is a very strategic decision for any client, and no client would like to maintain two ERP instances; one on ECC & other on S4HANA. If due to some reason, client decides to go ahead with maintaining two ERP systems, then as Mark rightly said that you need to carefully analyze what all functionalities you would miss if you migrate to S4HANA.

SAP has published documentation with details of what all will be missing per module of EHS; you can find out the details for S4HANA 1511 at below link of Service Market place.

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...

As it stands currently, I don't see impact on core Product Safety & DG functionalities, including integration with logistic modules. Please analyze. However, please be aware that like for Finance and now for Logistics modules, SAP would probably simplify the database model of EHS modules going forward (which they haven't started yet for EHS, e.g simple finance, simple logistics etc). So, you need to take this factor also into account as to when one should migrate to S4HANA for EHS functions. If you decide to defer EHS migration, then theoretically you can build integration with logistics on S4HANA, but again you need to evaluate whether that effort/investment is worth, when you anyway need to finally migrate EHS to S4HANA

Regards,

Pavan

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kalyan,

You would first need to analyze if S/4HANA is supporting all the process / modules you are using today on your central EHS repository.
Not all EHS Modules are available on S4/HANA - some are "upgraded to less".

Contact your trusted SAP EHS adviser if you need support carrying out that analysis .

If all your SAP EHS Process / Modules are still available on S/4HANA I would recommend to migrate to S4/HANA:

• No need to ALE the DG Master and Phrase through your system landscape
  • Less Systems -> Lower TCO
  • <all the other good reasons to consolidate your system landscape>....

I have moved central EHS instances to central ERP / SD / Logistic Systems without any real issues in the past (before S4/HANA) because of exactly these reasons stated above.

Hope this helps

Mark