Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language import on box remote from landscape

adeel_sarwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Very long story short, I am stuck in a situation with our Production server being physically separated from the rest of our landscape and only being connected by a 20 Mbps VPN connection. The landscape is very basic:  Development (DEV) >> Quality (QAS) >> Production (PRO).

Before the production server was moved away from the rest of the landscape, due to disaster recovery, I successfully installed the Japanese language throughout the landscape (DEV, QAS & PRO).  I now need to install Spanish (ES) and have successfully installed it in our DEV and QAS systems.  I am in the process of installing on our PRO system and am now seeing extreme lag during the "Import Language Parts of Support Packages".  There are about 1,000 entries for this.

Before starting the language import on PRO, I copied all of the PAT/SAR files from our DEV server's EPS\in directory to the production server (same directory).  I also copied all of the cofiles for good measure.  Our TMS is configured to go from DEV, to QAS, to PRO, despite the 20 Mbps connection, so normal transports are slow to production, but manageable.  With this language import, it went from a minute, or two per package in DEV and QAS to taking about 12 hours to perform about 10 package installs.

My question is: How do I get the language import to look only at the production server?  I'm hoping not to reconfigure TMS, but if that what needs to be done, then so be it.

With all of the support packages on the local server, I would think that it shouldn't need to go back across the wire to DEV, or QAS to import the support packages.  However, the lag is telling me that it is.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Just for info we're running on Windows 2012 R2 with MS SQL 2012.

Thanks!

-Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greeting to Joe.

As you said rightly you have to manually copy all the language import pat file to production system \Epc\in folder,those pat files imported as local request not like normal change request. You can follow the steps as mention in the SCN link

Regards

SS

adeel_sarwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

S Sriram, Thank you for your input and the link!  Modifying TMS did the trick... Thanks again! -Joe

Answers (0)