cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory extraction Logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to extract inventory quantities as below.

For a particular plant P01 i have to extract inventory quantities for for all material that belong to this plant.

Inventory will be extracted for various stock types.Another logic that needs to be incorporated is that for Non batch managed materials (MARC-XCHPF Not Es X) inventory quantity should be fetched from MARD for current period and year.

For non batch managed (MARC - XCHPF Eq X) quantity should be extracted from MCHB.Only below fields are required to be extracted

Product,Plant,Storage location, ,unit of measure, ,quantity.

My question is -2LIS_03 extractors are already up and running in our system and delta is flowing. I need to extract these 6 fields and load and OHD and then transmit this to a 3rd party system.

Should i go for a new FM based extractor for this explicitly or should i explore the available stock cubes in BW system and see if all required fields can be extracted from cube based on aforementioned logic.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member244150
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Nayab,

As you might aware that Total Stock Qty (0TOTALSTCK) will only available at report level on Inventory cube (eg. 0IC_C03) as difference between inflow (Receipt Qty) & outflow (Issue Qty) you can't directly use the cube as source for your OHD.

Take snapshot of inventory data using APD

0IC_C03 --> Query (source) --> APD --> Direct Update DSO (Target) --> OHD --> FTP to destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Can i take snapshot using DSO as a dource?

former_member244150
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use DSO as a source if you know how to calculated Inflow & Outflow based on Stock Type/Category/Transaction key etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Explore the available stock cubes in BW system and see if all required fields can be extracted from cube based on aforementioned logic.

I think the stock for batch & non-batched will represent the mentioned source values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

I think the stock for batch & non-batched will represent the mentioned source values-  i didnt get this...can you pls elaborate for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just meant that if you use the standard 2LIS_03* extractors already, that they should have for each material/plant values & quantities that are consistent with the values in MARD & MCHB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Tom . I will check this in inventory cube.

Another thing i need to check whether OHD is compatible with Non-cumulitive cubes..

Thanks

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

I dont think it should have any affect...but are you going to use Cube or Query ??

You can save it as Snapshot of the data and not Deltas !!

regards

SVU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SVU

I will use cube as source. And i need full inventory without any movement types.

So there is no constraint of delta.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

Its Snap shot ,it will not work the way it works in BW...so the Key Fields will hold the Key to Delta to Target.

regards

SVU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Then how should i do it? I want only stock quantity to be sent to Open Hub.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

Assuming that you send it to Open Hub....how does the Data get Loaded from there on....The Keys of the table in Target system Matters...We should have a Date/Week/Month which will say that its the Stock as on that Date/week/Month.

regards

SVU

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will send full snapshot at mat,plant,sloc and batch level. There are no time dimensions to be used.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

How about your Target Staging and reporting....??

How Much Data/records are you transferring....Will you not get Performance issues..as You dont have any of the Time Slices in Data...

regards

SVU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SVU,

Target reporting is not required. Basically i need to take snapshot from beginning of time and send to open hub.But i am worried whether APD will collapse in my current approach because of volume.

Do you suggest any other approach to achieve this?

Another design i thought was like below

1.Make a Overwrite DSO and load BF movements everyday Based on field SHKZG we will control issued and and received quantity (IF SHKZG = H then MENGE = MENGE*-1 else MENGE = MENGE).

2. Planning to create one more DSO with on summation mode which fed by above DSO.

3. Load DSO in step 2 with BX

Regards