cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to download the Spreadsheet in SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Could you please help me in solving this typical issue. We are using the old version of SAP Portal. BP_ERP5ESS  1.31 SP6  and BP_ERP5MSS  1.31 SP6 . I'm not able to download the spreadsheet for a report. I'm using IE 11 as browser, Java standard version 1.7.0_79 and provided all the settings for browser and Java(control panel) . When I try the report download, it's not working. I'm not sure what was the root cause of the issue.

I'm able to display the results, but when I try to click on "Local File" and then select the option like "Spreadsheet" (radio button), the mouse pointer is just rotating.

Appreciate your help in this regard..

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Just keep trying with the older versions of IE in descending order (10, 9 ,etc) to see if it works. We will get to know if it is a compatibility issue or a portal issue.

Regards,

Dinakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinakar I tried the IE versions like 9.X, 10.X and 11.X ; installed , restarted the PC and tried the scenario, but failed. Actually we are using the old version of Portal as I mentioned in the original thread. Thanks Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the below mentioned sapnote?

2028217 - Unable to export the report result

regards,

Prithviraj.

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

If you are continuing to have problems at this point I would advise checking if your system version supports the web browsers you are using. Patching or upgrading your system may be required if it is on too old a SP/PL. You'll get this data on the PAM: http://support.sap.com/pam

Best regards,

Nick

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be popup blockers are enabled? Also check if you get any security alert in the address bar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh Thanks for your reply. I ensured all pop-up blockers are disabled (means allow pop ups). This is the mandatory setting for our application to work, along with compatibility view settings. Thanks Daniel

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel ,

Make sure Compatibility mode is on In Internet explorer while you download the file and your portal website should added as a trusted website.

Regards,

Meghal Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghal Shah

Could you please check the reply to Ashutosh Moharir on Feb 10, 2016 8:15 AM ? I already followed the Compatibility mode step. But no hope. Thanks for your response.

Thanks

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please check below mentioned SAP note:

2028217 - Unable to export the report result

Regards,

Prithviraj

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just Press Ctrl + Download button.

Keep Ctrl button pressed till file get download.

Regards,

Meghal Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghal Shah Thanks for your reply.I tried the suggestion what you specified, but still the scenario is not working. Thanks Daniel

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Is it possible to check if this happens on other web browsers such as Firefox or Chrome? I would also recommend reviewing Note: 2142057.

Best regards,

Nick Rankin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick Rankin

Thanks for your reply. I tried the same scenario in Chrome and Firefox.

In Chrome, even the page is not rendered, whereas in firefox, i'm getting the below error. My SAP Portal version is old, that's why it's supported in IE only with some limitations and most of the features will not work in Chrome and firefox.

Chrome

FireFox

Thanks

Daniel