Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT for multiple scenarios in one transaction

0 Kudos

hi everyone,

I've been searching in various forums but I was unable to get a clear answer that I was hoping for. Hoping someone would help me here.

My question is -- is it possible to create an eCATT script that contains multiple scenarios in one transaction. for example:

Transaction is for asset data modification (AS02)

Scenario 1: there is an existing asset main text and cost center. script will update both asset main text and cost center

Scenario 2: there is an existing asset main text and cost center. script will only update cost center

Scenario 3: there is an existing asset main text and cost center. script will only update asset main text

Is it possible to contain all three scenarios in one script? or do I have to create three separate scripts for this?

the upload file will contain a mix of the three scenarios already, thus the case if it's possible to have the three scenarios in one script.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

This is possible.

We can either create a single scirpt for change of Asset as long as the complexity is limited to just input values, wherein we can use IF loop to check if the value is input to the parameter, if yes then that particular recording is run

eg:

IF ( I_COST_CENTER <> '' ).

SAPGUI ( ENTER VALUE FOR COST CENTER).

ENDIF.

If the complexity is just not restricted to input of values but the flow changes which becomes difficult to handle in a single script then its recommended to create seperate script instead of making single script too complex

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Aj

2 REPLIES 2

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

This is possible.

We can either create a single scirpt for change of Asset as long as the complexity is limited to just input values, wherein we can use IF loop to check if the value is input to the parameter, if yes then that particular recording is run

eg:

IF ( I_COST_CENTER <> '' ).

SAPGUI ( ENTER VALUE FOR COST CENTER).

ENDIF.

If the complexity is just not restricted to input of values but the flow changes which becomes difficult to handle in a single script then its recommended to create seperate script instead of making single script too complex

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Aj

0 Kudos

thanks!