Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide services from ESS Home menu

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am seeking help to understand how to hide services from ESS menu if we do not required to use some of the standard services provided by SAP.

Further to add, we are using Netweaver 7.4 and are at EHP 7 using ESS/MSS WDA.

As per below screen shot, we do not have positive time management so we do not want to have time statement and clock in/out under ESS menu.

Same as, we do not want to have Benefits and Corporate information under this.

Kindly suggest.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no dont do it from inactive applications make it as    Active application and try it again  ...ur doing it from inactive applications  ......

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala - please have a look - It did it the same way but still it is visible on portal.

As Amil had suggested couple of days, it did this way and only and since it was not reflecting, I tried deleting cache - but no luck.

If you have any further inputs to share pls...

Many thanks,

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you are using EP 7.4 and EhP7 ESS/MSS WDA.

Also as per the screenshots that you have shared with us, there does not seem to be any change on the Portal role despite the changes made in launchpad.

In this case there are two possibilities:

1. Either you have assigned a different role on Portal which does not pick up configurations from the launchpad.

2. Or, the launchpad role from which the role is picking the configuration is different.

To rule out the first possibility, could you check if you have assigned a role from the following location in Portal:

Content Administration--> Portal Content Management--> portal_content--> Content Provided by SAP--> End User Content--> Employee Self-Service Web Dynpro --> Roles --> Employee Self Service.

If so, then please check the launchpad config maintained for the application: HRESS_A_MENU and application configuration --> HRESS_AC_MENU.

Do let me know in case you need any further details.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Yers we have all desired roles uploaded to portal via same way you have mentioned so I do not think there could be any issue with roles.

There is no application called HRESS_A_MENU in launchpad, am not sure then what to check now.

I believe, making invisible from quick link should have been worked for me but unfortunately it is not.

Any further inputs are awaited.

Thanks for all support so far.

Regards

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I refereed some threads and  again tried dragging and keeping my services from Employee menu in an 'inactive application ' folder to hide them on ES portal.

This time, after saving the launchpad customization, I clicked on transport and maintained Z package as well- I could successfully saved it however this is still not helping me to hide the application on portal.

I am clueless, what to do now - I actually don't want to give link of 'Benefits', 'clock-in, clock out'to customer but finding no way out for this.

Kindly help.

Thanks.

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

HRESS_A_MENU is the application present in your abap workbench under webdynpro component: FPM_OVP_COMPONENT. This application is actually what you use to show the homepage of your ESS role and the config maintained in the application configuration tells which launchpad role and instance to use.

Kindly check if the above are all in place.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry Rohit - somehow we are getting deviated from my main issue for which I have raised this thread - whatever info you have shared here, it is all checked and done - probably that's how here we can have all devices enabled on portal under (If you can please refer previous screenshot) and all working fine with no errors. (thanks to all SCN gurus for that as well)

Since I am not a portal consultant, I may take some time to understand the stuffs here however bottom line is since we have got all services on ESS portal and so do exists in launch pad - I just want to hide some of the services from employee menu like 'benefits' and clock-in clock out.,

There could be ways to do it through launch pad settings or portal settings - but somehow it's not working for me.

If you have some inputs to share in line with hiding services from portal end - It would be highly appreciated.

I can not afford to go in different direction as of now as I am running out of time to get this implemented.

Support is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP HR Priya,

I was actually helping out on that front itself.

You see, the Portal role screenshot that you have been sharing looks like the ESS role which was using WD Java applications.

The way to remove/deactivate links from launchpad is the same as you have tried and is explained by the experts above which is to:

1. Delete entry from launchpad (removes entry and cannot be recovered).

2. Move application to Inactive application in launchpad (end users do not see the application, but it can be brought back if required).

Now, my suggestion to you would be to check if you are actually using the correct role on Portal, as that would be the reason why your changes in launchpad are not appropriately reflected on Portal.

To give more perspective to you, this is how the WDA ESS role looks on Portal:

Do let me know in case you need any more details.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit,

This is what we do have done so far and exactly ESS screen looks like same - believe me, role are all relevant and correct ones.

I just want to disable/hide 'benefit' from the homepage /employee menu - and after dragging those services in "inactive application' folder in launchpad is also not working for me.., That's where I am badly stuck up.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for throwing light on Role issue - now I will elaborate my issue over here.

1) I had initially assigned Z copy of  standard SAP ESS roles for WDA "pcd:portal_content/Z_SAP_EMPLOYEE_XX_ESS_WDA_3" - This was showing me different look and feel of ESS but I was able to launch my all ESS services successfully. But when I was changing anything launch pad - Role:ESS Instance: Menu, nothing was reflecting over ESS portal and hence I raised this thread on SCN.

Later u and another friend suggested to go for Employee standard ESS role ""pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.Employee_Self_Service_WDA"" and when I assigned below role, I could see my launchpad changes on ESS portal but now I am struggling with services which are not getting open - nothing I can do . Some linking node is missing I think.

Need Expert's input on this,

Many thanks.

Shipra

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have uploaded PFCG role(composite) fro ESS and MSS as I am using EH7 WDA applicactions. and did hide my services from portal settings only - changed visibity settings of Iviews.

I could have done from launchpad level as well if my roles/application of PFCG role linked to launchpad roles.

Above experts have alsp provided the correct solution of I was using standard portal role which is from "Content provided by SAP".

Many thanks for all support

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP HR Priya,

Hope you have referred to this blog by .

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u post here ur launchpad screen shot which ur using .....and why u went to system admin and deleting the cache it is no way related to this issue .......

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala.

I first made services to be not visible in quick link from backend but since it was reflecting on portal and that's why I deleted cache on portal.

Hope that make sense ..

I will try working out on your suggestion to drag services in inactive application,'

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u do not want and hide wat ever the services u do not need drag and drop them in Inactive applications in ur launchpad and save it and chk again in portal

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using the custom launchpad goto lpd_cust-->select your Role-->Either you can delete it or you can disable it please find the below screenshot

Thanks

Anil

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil,

We are using Standard role for ESS and MSS - and I have disabled my services which I don't require - it's been set not visible as a a quick link but still I am able to view those services.

Do I need to so some other setting as well once we have disables all services..

Kindly advice.

Many thanks.

Regards

Shipra

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please delete the portal navigation cache in the portal and check once again??

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil.,

I did deleted navigation cache and checked again - it is still the same.

Services are not hidden yet.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did you deleted the navigation cache?? did you deleted under system adminstration??

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes...

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please paste the screenshot here ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Can you check the PFCG for your ROLE and in Other Node details and try using VISIBILITY option.

Rohit.S

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Rohit, I did not get you - what exactly I need to check in my roles.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Please find the screenshot for Navigation cache here - I delete cache from here iteself but this is not helping me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

You can remove those services which are not needed in LPD_CUST launchpad or can follow what Jwala suggested by making them Inactive.

RohitS

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit, I dont want to delete the services as I am using standard ESS menu - I will just prefer to hide it from quick link...

Former Member
0 Kudos

then u can set it as set as invisible from launchpad ......by giving right click on that ....by the way post ur scren shot once.....

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did the same and it did not made me to hide it on Portal - well I tried dragging the services in lpd_cut but still that is not working for me.

Still I am able to see those services.

Just have a look below - service has already been set as 'not to visible' on