Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS WDA - Netweaver 7.4 - Portal Error for all services

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on job of implementing ESS/MSS WDA - we could successfully implement ESS and enabled all services.

To implement ESS, we did activated relevant WDA 2 business functions and accordingly, uploaded PFCG roles to portal - this worked for ESS however same approach we are raking further to implement MSS.

We got suggestion to upload PFCG composite role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3 of MSS to Portal however whilst uploading MSS roles, we got below error.

Hence we tried uploading Single roles of MSS and now we could alteast see the MSS Home menu but all services are throwing below error.

Seeking expert suggestion please.

Many thanks,

Regards

Shipra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check system aliases created in SLD in portal. If those work fine, then you wont get this error.

Regards,

Navya.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As @Navya suggested please check the system alias SAP_EREC_TalentManagement in the system landscape and also test the connection of the system object.

Thanks

Anil

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Navya and Anil.

I checked and tested the connection and alias - it is working fine.

Moreover error is only coming when we are uploading composite roles - I could upload single roles successfully even for talent management, even though we are not going for talent management.

If you can please look at another error, which I am getting after uploading MSS single role - though I can see MSS home menu with list of services but none are getting launched.

Error is as below.

Kindly advice.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you attaché the log for the exception id. You will get from NWA. Can you specify which all  system aliases are tested?

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Thanks for prompt reply

Logs are attached herewith - Yes I would like to say, I am an HR functional consultant however in unavailability of portal consultant, I am try to implement ESS/MSS by myself with SCN guru's help.

Please let me know what all inputs I need to provide you.

Well, did you mean what all system alias as all JCo connections or something else ?

Please can you advice where to check system alias what you are referring to ?

Kindly advice.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The log which you have provided is not related to the error.please follow the below path

Login as NWA-->troubleshooting-->Logs&traces-->Log viewver-->logview-system logs&traces-->search using Exception id

And also paste the system landscape screenshot here what all are the system aliases you have created  and the connection result.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil.

Anil/Navya - please find the exception id log as below:

I am wondering if there is issue with system alias, how we could implement ESS with the same approach.

Kindly advice.

Many thanks.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil/Navya

I could see no system alias has been created in system - this is too strange for me that if no system alias is present, how we could successfully test all services of ESS.

Kindly throw some more light on it - I am a functional consultant and trying to deploy ESS/MSS in absence of portal consultant.

Many thanks to your support.

Regards

Shipra

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is clear that SAP_ECC_HumanResources alias is not maintained in the system landscape.so please create all the required system aliases in the portal.

Thanks

Anil

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To resolve issue in MSS , you need to create system alias as mentioned in beloe link:

Setting Up the System Landscape - Business Package for MSS Add-On 1.0 - SAP Library

To check how services in ESS are working, check the alias that is used in LPD_CUST and in iview.

Probably that alias would have been created (SAP_ECC , SAP_200)

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I explored further and could see all aliases here.

Now still we are getting portal portal exception error - please can you advice.

Many thanks,

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also,

On portal, I am getting exception error but if I check in nwa logs,error is something else in the log at same time..

Many thanks,

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are getting that exception because SAP_ECC_HumanResources system alias  is missing in SLD.

You will have to ask basis consultant to create system alias that will point to your backend R/3 client to which you intend to connect and get data from.

For creation of system alias , you can refer the link that i have shared in my last post. This will resolve your issue. Basically, all the system alias for which you get error in NWA log , you need to create it in SLD.

(to get NWA log - follow steps suggested by Anil ),

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Navya.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without SAP_ECC_HumanResources system alias standard ESS applications will not work in the portal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Navya and Anil - I wish I could rate you both for correct answers NO option on SCN to do so..

I highly appreciate your prompt responses and I could get my issue resolved with your help.

Loads of thanks.

Regards

Shipra.