Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error in program SAPLCOBO - Field "PROJ_STATUS" unknown

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are executing tcode COR6N - this is a PP tcode to process order on Quality system of our client.

We have not implemented PS module however we are getting abap error on this tcode.

Inline image 1

On further analysis we found note 1654763 - Message DB 001 in log with field PROJ-PROJ_STATUS etc

This note mentions the error for "PROJ_STATUS" and we need to activate a PS business function,etc.

Reason is that this field is used in some selection view.

My question is -- if we have not implemented PS module, are we supposed to get this error?  is there a way to find which selection view this field is included? if we have not implemented PS, then why this error in tcode COR6N? or should we just follow the solution mentioned in the above mentioned note?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

You Can simply activate the business functions which are mentioned in the note. If you are getting this error in Quality system and then you should be getting same issue in Development. If you are not getting same issue is Development , then check whether business functions mentioned in note are active in Development system.

Coming to your question. Post SAP ECC 6 version , SAP started shipping all components using the business functions. Idea of the business functions are customers can activate only the required business functions as per their business scenarios. But Status object in SAP ECC  use same set of programs and table irrespective of  module. But the view which missing in ur case might be shipped with OPS_PS_CI_1 business function. There is no harm in activating this business functions.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vengaiah,

Thanks for your comments.

Development client already has this function activated. So first impulse is to activate the function in QA also. However was reluctant since we never implemented PS so why should this error show up in a PP tcode. Your comment helps me a lot. I will activate the business function.

Thanks,

Ashwini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

PS is also a core component within SAP ERP system, you don't need to activate it to enable it, it is can be used any time you want, so even you don't use it, it may affect some other functions. I think you have got reply from SAP already, then you may close this discussion.

Regards,

Rachel

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

The note shows, you need to activate the business function. I am not sure whether its cost effective.

The best approach to deal is to raise a OSS to SAP and get yourself confirmed.

Regards

Terence

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Terence,

I am raising an OSS to SAP to get the confirmation.

Thanks for your help.

Ashwini