Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping two different vendors

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created two different account group 1) Local Services and 2) Local Goods. Balance sheet representation (Recon account) for these two vendors is also  as 1) Local Goods Payable and 2) Local Services Payable. Now i have a particular vendor that provides goods as well as services to  my client. We will have to create two separate vendor master data for this vendor one in account group of local goods and second in local services account group. But is there any way to create a link between these two vendors so that when i am executing any standard report (FBL1N for example) total account detail is shown for both vendor master in SAP. 

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Ideally in such a scenario you can use the special GL Indicator rather than creating seperate vendor master. This is exactly what the functionality is supposed to do, where using the special GL Indicator will post to alternative recon account for the same vendor. If you can, I would suggest to use the functionality.

If not, the other option is to club both the Vendor account in the multiple entries when you are executing FBL1N and run it together so that the items on both the vendor accounts will be shown together

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

former_member183690
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil Sorry for interpret how Spl GL indicator works here can you please explain us Regards Hidyath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the thread given below to get the complete information about the Special GL:

Special GL Indicators | SCN

Thanks

S

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You create a single vendor with Recon Account A for Goods. Now in FBKP, create a special GL Indicator with category as others and assign the Alternative Recon A/c B for Recon A/c A. Now when you use the special GL Indicator in your posting with vendor, the Alternative Recon A/c B is posted to even though the subledger account is the same vendor.

Hope that clarifies.

regards

Sanil Bhandari

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Special GL can work when there is only one or two account groups and so are the recon accounts for them. unfortunately in my one recon account is assigned against multiple account groups. for example i have following account groups:

Local Fabric

Local Accessories

Local General Items etc

Now for all above account groups only one recon account "Local Goods" will be used. here a vendor provides us with fabric and accessories. In my opinion two accounts should be created one in each account group only then the user will be able to have a total payable of Fabric of accessories and since recon account same we can not use special GL. any other suggestions?

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

In such a case, please group all your related vendors for a particular supplier together when you are running FBL1N or else look at reengineering the process to use Special GL Indicator.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari