cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing of valid data after Distribution by reference

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a scenario where we are using the planning function Distribution by Reference to distribute data whenever there are values in the Not assigned (#) in the report. The distribution function worked fine and we are able to view the data as expected.

But, after the distribution, we noticed that the values which were under valid entries have been deleted (refer portion highlighted in yellow color in the attachment).

I am trying to figure out the reason why the values in the valid entries are deleted after the distribution which should not happen. Kindly help.

Before Distribution:

After Distribution:

Below shown are the other settings,

Below are the Planning settings we have got on the key figure.

Disaggregation : Disaggregate Entered Value

Types of Distribution : Analog Distribution (Self-Reference)

Regards,

Sarfaraz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarfaraz,

Kindly include more characteristics in Fields to be changed as it will negate the planned values for the missing characteristics.

Thanks,

Shailesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Thank you for your response.

We have currently set the characteristic Cust Sales as "Field to be Changed". The characteristic where the values are missing is a Navigational attribute of Cust Sales.

Are you suggesting me to enable "Field to be Changed" for all the characteristics maintained under reference data selection, Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Sarfaraz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarfaraz,

Yes, include all characteristics under reference ones, if they are needed in planning application.

Thanks,

Shailesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

I am expecting this fuction to work with the current selection itself as i don't think we would be receiving any other characteristic values with not assigned(#).

I have even compared similar planning function in my system which is working fine and I don't find any differences in the way the planning functions have been designed.

Please let me know if i am overlooking something.

Regards,

Sarfaraz

former_member212236
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sarfaraz,

Have you checked the characteristics maintained under reference data selection. Other than the characteristic you had set as "Field to be changed" rest all the chars and key figures should match exactly between the reference data record and the actual data record. The differences might also play a role in the issue sometimes.

Regards,

Vinoth V

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member212236
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarfaraz,

Are there any support packages newly updated in your system. Sometimes the Distribution of data issues are linked to SP level changes.

Regards,

Vinoth V