cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLD to Crystal Converter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question applies primarily to SAP B1, I have raised it here as I have found similar threads.

There (apparently) used to be a piece of software that would convert PLD to Crystal Reports, hoiwever it only worked at B1 8.8

Since it appears that there is no resource available with which to learn how PLDs work (in order to make alterations to existing PLDs), the only other sensible option appears to be to convert them to CR and then make the relevant changes.

So, my question is two-fold.

1) Are there any resources available that will unlock the magic that is PLD?

2) Does the (promised) PLD to Crystal Converter exist, and if so how do I get my hands on it ?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to work on your own on that, need to create the template on you own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kennedy,

Sorry, that really doesn't help at all.

My original question was concerning any resources that are available to me to somehow convert the supplied PLDs to Crystal (or similar) that then allows me to modify these to something that is more applicable to my company.

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is no other option.. by default there will some crystal layouts in standard you can try to use them.

former_member408229
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

1. Currently we only have Converter for 88 version. It does not work in 9x. If there is any news about it, I will update it here.

2. Please use CR instead. If standard one does not meet your requirement, please check note 1704366. XML source can be used to display available forms in B1 to Crystal Report.

Thanks,

Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Maggie - this is exactly what I was looking for.

Identifying the fields will be onerous, however it gives me the data that I need, which is the important piece.

Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Check this site

Convert PLD to Crystal Rep. with Crystal Conver... | SCN

Regards,

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kennedy, but it's the 9.0 version of this that I'm trying to locate.

Any ideas ?

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems like it wont support. you can create you own CR report instead to convert PLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes indeed, if you understand the logic that goes on behind the PLD.  How do I find that please ?

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what logic you need to understand. which layout you are speeking about. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm speaking in general, since a lot of the SAP reports in the financial area don't meet our requirements.

So, an example of this would be the Trial Balance