Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABZU - Correct over and under depreciation impact

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I never used ABZU - Write up of depreciation.

Please share your inputs for the below query.

Current Year 2016 , we notice excess and short depreciation for certain periods.

To adjust the excess and short depreciation , Im thinking to use ABZU ( with Positive & Negative values) 

When tested in Testing client , accounting entries are posted giving impact to Dep Acct and Accu Dep Acct.

However in AW01N under posted values, I am not seeing these values?

May I have your comments and do you foresee any impact using this approach

Regards

Sanjai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

Write up will post the accounting entry immediately. So it will display in the planned values under transactions.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

1.Will it have any impact , if we adopt this approach? else do you suggest any alternative method.

2.why the ABZU values are not reflecting  in Posted values tab?

3. If I have other depreciation area say 10, which derives all the values from dep area 01.

should I also post in this depreciation area  10 ?

Note:

The above assets are capitalized in previous years and in the current year APC value was lowered and Accu Dep for prev year (12/31/2015) was reversed using ABAW . Additionally we changed the asset master useful life to remaining life and changed dep start date to 1/1/2016

Rds

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share the screen shots for this asset.

Regards,

Malhar.

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Malhar,

Please find the screen shots

Planned Values tab ( Depreciation is Nil for 2016, although revised APC is 129788.69)

Posted Values Tab

Comparisons Tab ( 2016 Dep is nil)

Parameters ( Useful life replaced with rem useful life , Ord Dep start date changed to 1/12016)

Asset Master - Capitalization Date

Rds

Sanjai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

1. For excess depreciation reverse, you can use write up and for posting additional depreciation you can use unplanned depreciation by ABAA.

2. In write up posting system always shows in planned values tab. It is a standard behavior and for unplanned depreciation it will show in posted values. When you run depreciation the unpl.dep.get posted.

3. Yes, you have to post that area also.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thanks for the reply

I will test and get back to you. Why cant ABAA be used for writeup too . What is this field in the screen shot below " Revenue from write up on unplnd deprec" in AO90

Rds

Sanjai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

This field is to post gain i.e.credit to depreciation exp separately. However, you can post ABAA for write up also. But for that you have to create a new custom transaction type by copying the standard transaction type and you have to select debit transaction indicator under account assignment for the type or maintain settings what write up transaction type has.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Mukthar,

I am planning to use ABZU for both excess and short depreciation corrections.

What do you suggest?

Regards

Sanjai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

Yes, you can use it. But for short depreciation posting create a new transaction type which has account assignment as credit transaction.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mukthar,

I am going to use transaction type 700 or 711 and post positive & negative values.

System is generating the accounting entry with account assignment in both +ve & -ve scenarios

why do we need separate transaction type ?

Regards

Sanjai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

If standard transaction types are allowed for posting, then you can use it. Otherwise, you have to define custom transaction type.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukthar for your reply

I have assigned points as well

Rds

Sanjai .

Answers (0)