cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about working with older Crystal Report files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings:

I am using Crystal Reports 13.0.2 for Visual Studio 2010.  I want to edit older report files that work with CRAXDRT.dll (version 8.5.0.0).  I wish to change the SQL Query inside the reports.  In particular, I would like to change the SQL Queries so that the column names are not enclosed in double quotes.  I then want to save the edited report files in the older format (not in the newer format - I got a TLV error when a program tried to read the files in the newer format).

To summarize:

1.     Is there a way to change the SQL query of older report files?

2.     Can one save any changes in the older format (the format the files are currently in)?

3.     Is there any documentation on the classes inside the CRAXDRT.dll file?

Thank you for your time.

EA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Working with a 15 year old technology(?). Even if yo get something out of this, more than likely an app based on CR 8.5 will not work on any current Operating systems.

There is no way to change the query anymore - not in the version of CR for .NET. That went out in CR 9 as it was causing more headaches than it was solving. But you should be able to change the query manually in the CR designer, or using the RDC APIs - v. 8.5 only!

there is no way to do a "Save As" such and such version.

As for documentation, see if this helps:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/library/uuid/105181db-cb1d-2b10-38a4-b0a30e268e40&override...

That's about all I have for you.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Convert your  reports to use the new Command connection. Once you do that then you can edit the SQL all you want using CR for .NET SDK.

Unfortunately you cannot convert existing report with more than 2 tables to Commands, you will need to re-write your reports in CR 2011 or above. You can copy and paste objects in CRD

The built in CR Designer in Visual Studio has limited functionality but may be all you need.

And search this forum on how to:

Don