cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date 1900.01.01(YYYY.MM.DD) is getting populated as blank in SAP BW while loading time dependent master data from SAP Data Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to load time dependent Master Data in SAP BW from SAP ECC using SAP Data Services. The field DATEFROM has a value of 1900.01.01 in both ECC and in the MS SQL Sever database. While loading this value to BW the DATEFROM field is appearing as blank in the PSA table of the Master Data source.

Can someone throw some light on this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akash,

Would you please post or send screen shot of PSA which is showing data type and BODS target data type

can you try it again below steps  .  

1. create a one dummy DS try it some time it will work

2. in between PSA and BODS dump the data in text file find out what data is sending to PSA

3. PSA level  before load to PSA use debug mode and check how the conversion is happening

we faced similar issues point 1 worked

Regards,

Manoj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BODS target field convert VAR(255)  and try PSA try with date or var. Just try it will work

Regards,

Manoj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I tried it but it did not work. I can still see null values in the PSA table.

Regards

Akash

0 Kudos

What's the current value for century change year in data services?

You can find this tools - options - data

Try changing to 50

Message was edited by: Venkat Naradasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Venkat,

Sorry for the late reply but the century change year is 15 but I do not think that this affects the date. There is possibly some other explanation because when I give the date as 1900.01.02 (YYYY.MM.DD) instead of 1900.01.01 it is getting accepted but again for 1900.01.01 it is coming as blank.

So I think that this must be some other issue.

Regards

Akash