cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this an issue with Crystal Reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having an issue with reports that are created in Crystal Reports in an application that was built in Visual Studio.

My operating system is Windows 10 Professional, with all of the updates applied.

My copy of Visual Studio is Community Edition 2015 version 14.0.247520.0 Update 1.

The version of Crystal Reports is 13.0.2000.0.

This issue only started in mid January, 2016. Prior to that everything was fine.

The reports contain a jpeg of the company logo in the header. The application calls up a Crystal Report and fills in the invoicing information. I see all of the details, then save that report in PDF format. I am able to open that PDF file on my computer and see all of the details. However, most of the clients that are emailed the PDF files are unable to see any details in the PDF file.

I have asked people to try to open the files in other operating systems and have learned that they can see the details on their Ipads and on Android tablets, but not on Windows computers.

Reports that I create from the same application that do not have any header are readable by everyone.

Has anyone ever heard of a such a thing?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you compared versions of the PDF viewer they're using vs. the version you're using?  Differences there might explain the issue.

If you go to Programs and Features, which service pack of the Crystal for VS application is installed on your computer and on your client's computers.  All computers need to be using the same SP that the application was compiled with and, for Windows 10 compatibility, it needs to be SP15 or newer.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PDF viewer is irrelevant. The reports are saved as PDF files that should be able to be opened in any PDF software.

The clients that are getting the PDF files are only reporting issues since mid January, and nothing has changed in the application, unless there have been updates to Crystal Reports that I am unaware of.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may also be due to some Windows Updates that came out in mid-January.  I know there have been some issues with fonts from this, so there may be other issues as well.  may be able to help you narrow this down further.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for that information. I will change the font being used and see what happens. I will report back here once I have the time to do this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it turns out it was a font issue. I changed all of the fonts in the reports and the PDF's are now viewable by everyone on other machines.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I am marking this as answered.