cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Cloud Platform and Sample Data like IDES

0 Kudos

Hello Experts

My Company is looking at developing mobile APP using SAP ERP as back end at this moment. But we do not want to connect our SAP systems to any cloud platforms because of security issues. So we are trying to find a cloud platform or SAP HANA Cloud that has database like SAP ERP or IDES system connected in the backend to build APP's and test before we really build something on our Secured network.

So any of you (experts) have used a HANA Cloud Platform and a sample database to connect and get data / testing performed on you mobile APP's, please let me know how can I proceed in this situation. We are ok to buy some set-up but just we do not want to connect to any of our ERP system in our company because of security issues.

Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated.

Regards

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

If you are looking for a sample dataset, you can import SHINE (SAP HANA Interactive Education) delivery unit and use the sample data provided. This dataset is a pretty good starting point to play around with. You can also generate sizeable number of purchase / sales orders if you are looking at volume of data.

Link to SHINE documentation:

http://help.sap.com/hana/sap_hana_interactive_education_shine_en.pdf

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

Thanks a for the information. I tried to upload SHINE via delivery unit. But I think HANA Trial account will not allow to load it. Let me know if its possible otherwise I might have to start looking for buying HANA cloud account.

This is based on the below link.

Missing privileges on Hana Cloud Trial | SCN

Regards

Karthik

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

have you tried this with a HANA MDC Trial instance? It should be possible with that.

Please see the blog to get started with that.

But please be aware that the trial instances in HCP are currently on HANA SPS10. The SHINE document you linked to is for SPS11, so I don't know if everything will work. There should also be a SHINE example for earlier HANA releases.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You can use MDC trial and install SHINE content. I tried it yesterday and I am able to activate the content.

If you notice there are 3 options available:

HANA(<shared>)

HANA XS(<shared>)

HANA MDC (<trial>) >> Instance will be in your control., will be shutdown after 12 hrs., you will have to restart it from the cockpit every 12 hrs.

You should be able to install shine content on HANA XS and HANA MDC. I have installed SHINE content on both the instances successfully.

Please do let me know if you need help.

Thanks,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am able to load SHINE in the HANA MDC instance in eclipse. But when I try to go to Web-based editor I am getting "The server refused to fulfill the request". I have checked my user roles and I have admin rights meaning the SYSTEM user has all the roles assigned already still I get this error when I try to go to Web Based IDE Editor in HANA MDC.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Also Gopal somehow I am not able to mark your previous reply as correct answer.

Regards

Karthik

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

this error means that the HANA user you were using does not have the necessary privileges for using the Web IDE.

Please check the blog I mentioned earlier (SAP HANA Multitenant Database Containers (MDC) scenarios now on trial landscape). In the description of the steps to get started with the Web IDE there is a link to the documentation about Roles Required for Web-based Tools.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Please add role sap.hana.democontent.epm.roles::Admin and sap.hana.xs.ide.roles::Developer to user you are using. In my case I am using SYSTEM user adding this role will fix the issue.

Thanks,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver

Thanks a lot for the info that worked and I am able to access developer IDE Editor.

Regards

Karthik

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There is no such sample data system available out-of-the-box in HCP. But I'm pretty sure you can find one to which you can configure connection.

As for connecting to such a backend system, you should look at the HCP Connectivity Service and SAP HANA Cloud Connector which provides a secure channel access to on-premises systems.

HTH!

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Vlado

Thanks a lot for the info.

I have checked the connectivity and Cloud Connector Options. We are ready to do that, but other software providers do not provide much of connectivity options to SAP HANA Cloud so I am trying to find a ERP tool or some kind of software that could work as back end system for HANA Cloud Platform for us to create some sample APP's before using our SAP ERP system.

Will be glad to know any tools that can act as a backend for SAP HANA Cloud.

Regards

Karthik

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

> but other software providers do not provide much of connectivity options to SAP HANA Cloud

Let me clarify this again - it actually works the other way round: HCP provides connectivity to any backend - either in the Internet or on-premises - over the currently supported protocols HTTP, Mail and RFC. This is all described on the pages linked above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Vlado

With Gopal's suggestion and I am able to load the SHINE DU into HANA MDC instance.

Regards

Karthik