cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! BoM Scrap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am not sure if am just over thinking this or i am not setting it up right way.

What i'm trying to work out is:

I have 46,637 lbs of coil that i want to process thru the slitting process. In that process, 1.5% of the material is lost to scrap. Now on the next run i may have 48,4000 lbs that will be processed. The percentage of loss is going to change at some point from 1.5 to 1%.

The pounds of coil will change on each production run.

The process that i am hoping to get to work is, when i do a production run and put in the amount of pounds sent to the slitting process; that the end result will be removal of pounds fro mteh coil and the increase of slited material.   Can this be done? What changes do i need to make?

Example:  100,000 pounds of coil in stock location 1, 46,637 pounds sent to slitter, 45,937.45 pounds moved to stock location 2.

We really need to process to work in ByD. Can anyone help?

Thank you,

BJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_resag
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello BJ,

not really sure what problem you want to solve? Of course you can specify a scrap factor in the production model. In your case you need it being based on a BOM that has input material coil in pounds and output material is then the material created by slitting. If you want the scrap factor to be time dependent then you need different production models with respective time validity.

Your example however seems to be something like a push production. Do you want the system to automatically calculate the correct output quantitiy based on an input quantity (push production)?

Of course you can always manually enter the conumed input component, the produced output component and the scrap quantity when confirming a production task.

What do you mean with your example of moving 45,937.45 pounds to stock location 2?

Best regards,

Stefan