cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a bit confused!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to start an update proyect for my entire landscape. We have EHP 6 for ERP 6.0 SP08. What should i do?

1) Upgrade System to EHP7 for ERP6.0 SP11 (Sytems are running on Windows 2008 R2/SQL 2012. EHP8 is not compatible with thoose. I need to upgrade Windows to 2012 at least. For another ocasion.)

2) Just to Upgrade Support Package Stack from 08 to 16 within EHP6.

Is there any practical differences? What are the downsides/upsides of upgrading SPS withing and EHP or to upgrade EHP6 to EHP7?

Regards,

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the answers. I will plan the EHP upgrade. There is a lot of development involved in this proyect. I hope the develpers have followed best practices on that...

Any advice on how to manage own modifications/developments in the upgrade process?

Regards,

A.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres.

You can follow the steps which we are planning to upgrade in our environments

1. Refresh the system from production to Sandbox system, and then perform the upgrade in the sandbox system.

2. you can follow the same steps in the live landscape environment which will not have any own modifications / developments.

Regards

SS

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

regarding your own modification and developments which have been handled during the upgrade I recommend below two links which explain the issue in a very good way:

Best regards,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go with EHP upgrde.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to go with EHP upgrade which will server both purpose of bug fixing and new functionality.

Regards,

Shivam

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

well, you can execute both options using the SUM tool. In both case you have to generate a stack.xml file.

You now have to decide if you:

a) would like to have new functionality (EHP Update)

b) would like to implement patches for bug fixing etc. (SPS Implementation)

Maybe you can check below URL to decide whether you would perform an EHP Update or if an SPS implementation is enough:

http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp ==> "All business functions in detail"

This URL provides the new functionality which are delivered by EHP7.

Best regards and have a nice weekend,
Andreas