cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply vendor's invoices to a prepayment

0 Kudos

I had to make a prepayment to our credit card company.  Therefore a payment is sitting in SAP for this.  When all of the expenses came in 4 weeks later I need to apply the expenses to the check. 

In the past I would just write a check and search open items. I need to know how to apply a payment for our credit card vendor to multiple supplier's.

Thanks,

Rose Williams

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alexandre_colombo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rose,

If I got your question right, you can achieve this with the following steps:

1. Go to Liquidity Management -> New Outgoing Check
  2. Fill in the Required information.
  3. Flag the checkbox: Set the Payment Amount Manually and set the amount for the first selected account (Payee field account)
  4. Click Accounts -> Add Account
  5. Find the account and specify the payment amount
  6. Click OK
  7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 for all the required accounts.

Once you click post, the system will create a Payment entry in the supplier account of each of the Accounts that your have added with the respective amount. This can then be used in a future clearing with an invoice.

Best Regards,

Alexandre.

0 Kudos

Your suggestion has us posting another check to the credit card account.  We prepaid our credit card statement on 1-11-16.  All of our supplier's were updated and posted by the end of the month.  I now need to apply each supplier to our confirmed check that is showing up in payables.

"Calculate payment amount automatically" is the flag for what you have indicated in #3.

Thanks,

Rose Williams