cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Privilege for Analytical and Calculation Views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have Hana Trial Account. I am able to view data on attribute view but there is no privilege for Analytical and Calculation Views.

Can you please help ?

Tried all possible ways mentioned in SDN pages. grant privilege SQL on the scheme are also executed.

All views are in NEO_** schema only.

Regards,

Abhilaash Ravichandran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is a limitation of trial instances (schemata). I suggest you try the new MDC feature:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the response.

What should be used as the Database user name for the MDX DB created to connect from HANA Studio ?

Regards,

Abhilaash Ravichandran.

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you create your trial instance with the MDC feature you will get a complete tenant database for which you have to specify the password for the SYSTEM user. So initially the SYSTEM user is the only one you have, so this is the one you need to use for your first log on.

From this point on it's completely up to you: you can use the SYSTEM user to create new DB users within your instance and grant them the privileges they require.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the response, But what is menat by SYSTEM user here ? I tried with Account name, DEV_** name as user name but still not working.

Regards,

Abhilaash Ravichandran.

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SYSTEM user is the HANA database user which can pretty much do anything in that database and which is created by default whenever a HANA database is created.

For MDC trial instances there are no automatic users created by HCP (in contrast to the shared Trial instances). There are no DEV_ or NEO_ users created in the MDC Trial instances (unless you create them yourself manually).

Just follow the steps in Ekatarina's blog, which Vladimir linked to.

You also might want to check out the section Managing Databases in the HCP online help. Even though this is meant for productive MDC systems, it pretty much applies also to the MDC Trial offering (with some restrictions, like you can have only one tenant database and you cannot increase the size).

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks , But still am confused on what should be used as Database User name for the first time atleast . From HANA Studio , am not able to connect to the HANA MDX trial instance.

Can you please help ?

Regards,

Abhilaash Ravichandran

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The user name is 'SYSTEM' (w/o quotes ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot It connects now

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all !! The Issue is now resolved.