cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Developer XI and Visual Studio Express

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am developing a program using Visual Studio Express 2013. Within one of the modules of my program the user needs to be able to do one of two things:

-Either print to pdf a report that we have previously created using Crystal Reports Developer XI

-View the report in some sort of viewer with the ability to print

I know that there are other posts regarding the use of CR in VS Express but I just wanted to comfirm that this applied even for just viewing or running external reports. I don't need to have developing tools (within VS) for crystal since the report has already been created, I just need a viewer that can be printed.

Any alternatives would also be welcome.

Thank you for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, Crystal XI has been out of support for several years and its SDK will only work with Visual Studio 2005.  So, even if you had a non-Express version of VS 2013, that SDK won't work.  Instead, you have to download the latest Crystal for VS SDK from here:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize, I was mistaken. I have CR Developer 14.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SDK is no longer installed with the Crystal report design software.  You still have to download it from the link I provided above.  The "Install Executable" provides the integration into the VS IDE, the other installs are various form of runtimes used for deploying applications.  The version number for all of these is 13.x.  If you have the version 14 .NET assemblies, those are for Business Objects and will not work outside of that context.  So, if you want to just work with Crystal Reports, you'll need the SDK found at the link above.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

CR for VS is not supported in any Express versions of VS.

You could try installing just the 32 bit MSI and then browsing the GAC for the runtime but that's about all we can suggest...

Don