cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerting on Submit Frames or Time Window Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wondering if there is any options, that can be setup on a job or Job chain or run some type of report, to alert you if a submit frame or time window you have setup on a job, gets changed by someone or the system? We have found a few jobs that one was running on a submit frame every 5 minutes, but was changed to every 4 hours. We finally found the cause and corrected it, but was not sure if something can be setup, to be alerted sooner, if a submit frame happens to gets changed at that time. Thanks for any words on this topic.

Regards

Rick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

There are several options. You can use auditing capabilities to track all changes in the system. You can build reports on this as well.
The other option is the OnDefinitionChange trigger type. This fires for all object changes. You can add additional checks here, you can prevent changes from happening or send out alerts.

The final option (which is probably even better in terms of governance) is setup a correct security access model, allowing NO changes in production to definition objects. This way your change board can request impact analysis on changes like that.

Regards Gerben

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no alerting out of the box for changes done on objects other than job and process server statuses.

However, if you have the auditing module, you can setup a daily or weekly report to review the changes.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda Kumar,

Good Evening,

I am working in chennai.

I am new to this SAP redwood world, need to know lot of things about redwood.

if we had chat I could explain my situation actually what i am facing in my office.

Would you please help to clear my doubts, that I can learn few things for you.

Thanks in advance.