cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Memo approval of customer invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all experts,

I need the function approval of credit memo of Customer invoicing  in ByD. However, I couldn't see this function in BYD.

Please suggest me how I can solve this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Kets.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ms. Kets,

All the supported approval with Byd is are listed in "Types Of Approvals" and you can notice there is a approval process for customer return but not for credit memo.

You will have to check with your partner for custom solution/add-on with this request.

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Leo,

Due to we concern about outgoing payment of company in debit memo of AR side. Actually, we would like to set only 1 user to create credit memo.

User which can create invoice shouldn't create CN.

However, the problem is the authorization of ByD which doesn't support this function.

Whenever these user ID is set to create customer invoice, they can create credit memo too. Therefore, we work around by setting authorization of creat credit memo.

At the moment, ByD doesn't have function of customer invoice authorization, isn't it??

We couldn't use only customer return because this function for return product is sent from customer.

This case for agreement is agreed after creating sales order to provide discount customer and not return product, but every customer invoice user shouldn't do CN.

Please suggest me if I do something wrong and misunderstanding.

P.S. Main point is  every users who has authorization of creating invoice couldn't create Credit memo.

Thank you so much for your help.

Kets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ms. Kets,

Unfortunately If you give a business user access to "CRM_ITEMSTOBEINVOICED" - CRM_CUSTOMERINVOICING , they can create a credit memo or customer invoice.

your understanding of the system is correct but this is not supported in current version of SAP business ByDesign.

you will have to create an add-on/custom solution to full-fill your requirement of "approval of credit memo" or access context for access restrictions for creating customer invoice or credit memo.

Regards

Leo