cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrgChart view - Chinese character for org unit & position not showing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are currently rolling out our Nakisa OrgChart to China region and we are currently doing testing. During testing we found that the Chinese character shows only in employee OrgChart view.

The following are our system detail:

SAP Version: ECC 6.0 EHP 7.0

Nakisa Version: 4.3

Build No: 0930024000

Build type: Live OrgChart

Our test data is as follow:

When we try to view it in Nakisa OrgChart:

As you can see, only employee view that can view the Chinese character.

Is there any configuration needs to be done to view the Chinese character on OrgUnit and Position view? or it is just simply one of Nakisa Error?

Please kindly help us on solving this issue.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Bobbi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi.

Not something I've seen before.  I thought at first it was going to be a view related issue (e.g. the display field boxes not being tall enough), but the fact that the characters aren't appearing in your details panel either suggests that it is an issue in retrieving the data.

I'd suggest you try running an RFC trace (details in the admin guide if you need them) in AdminConsole.  When the trace is produced the details listed are hyperlinks to further details so you can drill in and take a look at the parameters being passed in and the data being returned.

I'm wondering if the wrong language parameter is being passed in to the RFC for the position and org unit data retrieval, but the right parameter for the employees.  Would be worth verifying this against the language you have set in your user account's settings > regional options > language in the end user interface and the language the data is held in within ECC (just in case the Chinese characters happen to have been duplicated into say English for employees only).

Hopefully that gives you somewhere to start and to be able to gather a bit more information about what's going on with the data.  It may yet turn out to be something that needs to be raised with SAP/Nakisa, but there's definitely some investigation to do first.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thank you very much for replying my message.

I have done RFC testing as you suggested and yes you are right, the RFC did not pass the correct language region (should be ZH - Chinese) and when I tried to change the RFC parameter value through admin console by putting default value in the language parameter, the OrgChart still not showing the Chinese writing.

Then, I send an OSS message and they suggest to check the preference > preferences settings > languages in admin console. On the enable/disable language & set default language section, I found that only English is available, so I report back to OSS and they suggest me to install the Nakisa language pack. OSS will provide the download link for Nakisa language pack. After I install the language pack, the Chinese language is available in my Nakisa build and then I just need to re-publish the Nakisa OrgChart page and the Chinese character is now showing.

Just for your information, the Nakisa language pack is not affected the whole Nakisa build, let say you have 3 builds in your system, when you install the language pack it is not affect those 3 builds, you have to chose which build that is going to be installed. See the following scree shot.

So, make sure you re-install the language pack when you create a fresh build.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Bobbi

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi.

Glad you got it resolved.  I should have thought to ask you if you had installed the language pack, but I figured you must have as you had some data coming through okay.

By default VSN apps are configured for US English (we've pointed out a UK English option would be nice for us to avoid having to carry out caption changes for each client) but the language pack can provide languages as per the details listed here - VSN Languages - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

For additional info for anyone applying the language pack to get one or more additional languages; when you download the language pack you will find that the ZIP file contains a ReadMe.txt file that contains details on installing and enabling the pack.  Step 9 specifically refers to the application of the pack on a per build basis, but I think your explanation is more specific.

Regards,

Stephen.

Answers (0)