Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching planning cube

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I am using program SAP_CONVERT_NORMAL_TRANS to convert cube from planning to transactional.

Is there any possibility of switching cube state automatically after saving data in layout UPSPL.

(Turning request from yellow to green) or bay calling above program from backend/user exit side.

Because if multiple users are trying to enter data in planning cube; unless old request turns into green; new data will not save into cube.

I have tried to use planning locks; could not help it.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

you are confusing two things:

1 convert a standard InfoCube to a real-time InfoCube

2 close a yellow request

1. In planning you need a real-time InfoCube. If you had a standard InfoCube with data you want to change to a real-time InfoCube you can use the above mentioned program.

2 If you have a real-time InfoCube you there exist a load mode and a planning mode. In the latter case you can write data via planning. In this case there exist a yellow request; this request is automatically closed after some water mark (50000 records).

It is not correct that one has to close the request to save data in a real-time InfoCube. This works also with a yellow request, by the way this is just the reason why real-time InfoCube exist since one wants to avoid to have one request per 'save'.

Regards,

Gregor

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

My cube is planning real time cube only. Using above program, I am switching the cube mode from Planning to load.

As per my understanding/What I experienced, If one person enter data and saved. Then the cube

should be switched to Load then only request will be come green. Then only Other person can enter data.

I got locking errors when multiple users are entering the data. (It takes lot time or get it hanged)

Suppose multiple users are entering data at same time/different times, will all the data will be saved in cube? Please help me to clear this understanding.

0 Kudos

Hi,

as I said above you confusing conversion of InfoCube types standard -> real-time and load mode/planning mode.

Why don't you just read the documentation?

Real-Time InfoCubes - Modeling - SAP Library

If a real-time InfoCube is in planning mode users can save data to the cube concurrently if the data regions used do not overlap. And this has nothing to do with closing of the yellow request.

The transaction data lock concept is explained here:

Lock Concept and Lock Management - Planning Business Data with BW Integrated Planning - SAP Library

Regards,

Gregor