cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to the Primary Server : the following error occurred :80004002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am upgrading SAP PCM 7.5 to SAP PCM 10.0 , while configuring the client i am getting this error as shown below.

Kindly,Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , As above my issue is still not resolved.

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Came across this note   1198309 - Failed to open model on server APP1 (80004002) No such interface supported. Port 6792 This port may be blocked by security software installed on the client workstations or on any of the EPM applications servers, software like McAfee Antivirus could do this or some type of firewall software. Alternatively there just might be a firewall appliance in between the client workstation and the EPM applications server preventing communications via port 6792. •EPMMainIPS.exe This process should be running on all applications server and it uses port 6792 to communicate with the EPM client applications and the EPM web server. You can check that this process is running in the task manager on the primary applications server I could not telnet so waiting for the network guys  to open port for me ALso not sure how to check I telneted and i cant connect so assume its closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravar. Did you follow the SAP note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1352504?

Are you working on a primary server or a client install?

Has PCM ever worked on server/machine? Have you set up the database correctly and tested connection to it?

Have you made sure all PCM services had stopped and restarted them. Is there are a PCM Transport service running on your machine?

The answers to these questions will assist in helping you.Regards Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael, Yes i already checked this note ,but still showing the same issue.

I am working on primary server ,but at the time of client configuration the error comes and i already tested the all the server and all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so you are using it on a primary server in server install mode.

what about the answers to the other questions I asked please?

Has PCM ever worked on server/machine? Have you set up the database correctly and tested connection to it?

Have you made sure all PCM services had stopped and restarted them. Is there are a PCM Transport service running on your machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravar

Yes April is right what you need is the workflow for this PCM comms error here is the direct link.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1352504

Also this issue was discussed in this thread, nothing to worry about it is going to be fixed

BO PCM: 80004002 no such interface supported | SCN

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys I have the same error on my web standalone windows server I have installed my database on a Unix oracle server and my application on a windows server. When going the the wizard. it connects fine to the database server from the PCM  application server.. .. When doing the wizard on my web server and taking the option 'Client" i get this error Same as above Can someone help please THanks Morgs

0 Kudos

Hi Basis-SAA Team,

I recommend you to check the following SAP KB :

1765540 - The PCM web client PCM errors with 80070005.

Best regards,

Khawla

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khawla Appreciate the quick feedback. I have reconfigured as per your suggestion. FYI ..PCM  version 10 I have configured it as a client and then again is asks me the same question for the work manager option although I have not selected  the work manager option. I have said client and inserted my primary server name. but it fails exactly with same error Weird.. Is there a way i can test the connection from my webserver to my apps server besides ping.. maybe a telnet option... "error 80004002 no such interface supported"

april_shultz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pravar

This error is a communcation error that can be caused by many things. You should review SAP KB 1352504. This flow chart will help you diagnose the error.

Thanks,

April