cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP - External procurement - Time do internal processing the purcharse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am working in a cenario of External Procurement with MRP, the client wants some field to put the time in days, that their procurement departament needs to process some purcharsing requirement.

The fields GR Processing time and  Planned Deliv. Time are ok.

The field SchedMarginKey has not been taken into account in the MRP date calculations.

So I´d like to ask.. is the SchedMarginKey the right field to put the time that the purcharsing departments needs to process some purcharsing requirement ?

SchedMarginKey seems to me, to be used for internal productions only.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, instead of using Purch.Process.Time, can I use the Sched.MarginKey field of material master to do the same thing ? This way I can have different processing values for each material.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Please take a look on the following from SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/static/erp2005_ehp_07/en/fb/a2cf5323154608e10000000a174cb4/ppt_img.gif

It describes all the values considered by external processing scheduling.

BR
Caetano

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One more thing, if you are working with forward scheduling (for example, on a reorder point MRP or during today scheduling), the opening period is not considered. See details below:

http://help.sap.com/static/erp2005_ehp_07/en/d6/abcf5323154608e10000000a174cb4/ppt_img.gif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, you are saying that I have to use the field below, is it ?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use this field, but you must consider that it will be only used to calculate the opening date and in case of backward scheduling.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

but this "opening date" field is used for what?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Michel

There are several uses for the opening date.

Transaction MD15, for example, is used for the collective conversion of planned orders into purchase requisitions and you can use the opening date as a selection criteria.

On transaction MD04 you can also find exception messages related to the opening date (e.g. opening date in the past).

Regards
Caetano

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Purchasing processing time is a customizing setting per purchasing organisation

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can also assign a purchasing processing time for the plant on the customizing transaction OPPQ, under tab 'external procurement'.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I changed the parameter value of the Purch.Process.Time and now I realised that this parameter is working fine and that 3 days is taken into account in the calculation of the MRP dates.