cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Acknowledgement via SYSTAT01 to R/3 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Your kind inputs for below queries would really be helpful.

We are planning to migrate our interfaces from webmethods to PI  and for the same purpose we need to implement a functionality in PI same as webmethods.

For IDOC to file scenarios ,in webmethods once the IDOC reaches the webmethod server it sends an acknowledgement back via SYSTAT01 . It changes the Status of IDOC from 03 to below.

06 : If the message is successfull in webmethod system

03 : If the message is in error and also it sends back the reason for the failure.

The standard acknowledgement functionality in PI does not suffice our purpose.

I have tried both the IDOC adapter and and IDOC_AAE adapter.

Kindly let me know how to capture the status  of the message from SXMB_MONI and the in case if its in error the error message and map it to the SYSTAT01 idoc and send it back to R/3.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shradha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha,

You can send standard acknowledgements(ALEAUD Idoc) back to ECC but the status number will be differ, if the file successfully placed the status changed to 18, if an error then status changed to 40. You just need to enable the acknowledgements in PI using report IDX_NOALE.

If you want to change the standard status codes to your custom status codes you can write your own process code and inbound function module in ECC and configure partner profiles against new process code in WE20 for ALEAUD IDoc type.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have configured ALEAUD idoc using the standard configuration but it does not work for idoc to file scenario ..  It works only for A2 A scenarios .. And also the status of idoc remains 39 .

When you say send back ALEAUD exactly how should I send it back ?

Regards,

Shradha.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha,

When you enable acknowledgements in IDX_NOALE report for your IDOC type,  the acknowledgements will automatically trigger and send to ECC.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have tried this but it does not work in case of Idoc to file scenario..

Regards,

Shradha.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha,

Q: Does the File Adapter support acknowledgements?

A: You need to distinguish system acknowledgements (indicating that a message has been received by the target system) and application acknowledgements (indicating that the message has been successfully processed by the application on the receiver side).

The receiver of an XI message will only send an acknowledgement back to the sender if the sender has requested one. However, the File Adapter has no functionality that relies on the receipt of an acknowledgement, so it never requests one.

On the other hand, if a File Adapter Receiver receives a request to send an acknowledgement, it will do so for a system acknowledgement request. Application acknowledgements are not supported at all as the File Receiver has no way to determine if the written file has been correctly processed by the back-end application, which is what a positive application acknowledgement would imply.

• You need to create IDoc receiver adapter starts with name 'Ack' as mentioned below document section 3.2 Configure Routing for Acknowledgments

• In the IDX_NOALE report enable only system acknowledgements.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

How do I customize the alerts?

Regards,

Shradha.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer the below link Shardha.

And one more confirmation,you getting back SYS ack back right,you can capture it back using fault message I guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Thank you.. I will try the above solution.

Regards,

Shradha

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure Shardha,all the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Since this is an IDOC scenario how can I get the IDOC number in the mail alert ?

Regards,

Shradha.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shradha,

Try customizing the alerts.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shardha,

I dont think  its not possible with normal scenario.

You need trigger alerts and from alerts using Mail adapter you can pick it and trigger idoc @ ECC level.