cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing SHINEOpenSAP fails in eclipse Luna

0 Kudos

Hi,

importing SHINEOpenSAP fails in eclipse Luna under File>Import>SAP HANA Content>Sample Applications>SHINEOpenSAP fails with the following error:

"You can import samples only in schemas for which user '_SYS_REPO' has all privileges with 'grant' option. No such schemas were found."

the Schema dropdown of import wizard shows no entries to select. any idea how to solve the issue ?

i am using SAP HCP (Not the trial Version).

Kind regards,

Rouzbeh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dimitar_tenev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rouzbeh,

Gopal's answer is correct. The information is also part of the context help of the "Import Samples Application" wizard. I have also update the blog in section: "1. Importing a sample XS application" -> "[Steps 6,7]"

Best regards,

Dimitar

0 Kudos

Hi Ditmir, Hi Gopal,

i get the following error :

Could not execute 'GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA SAP_HANA_EPM_DEMO TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

which privileges do i need to run this sql statement?

Best regards,

Rouzbeh

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The schema should be your NEO_ schema corresponding to your HANA XS instance.

0 Kudos

i could import the project connecting a trial instance using the NEO_ schema. But using a productive HCP Account i have no NEO_ schema. .i tried it with my user schema and could execute the query.

"Statement 'GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA "S0008975457" TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION'

successfully executed in 33 ms 501 µs  (server processing time: 21 ms 569 µs) - Rows Affected: 0"

but the dropdown list is furthermore empty! i don't understand why it is necessary to select a schema at all!. My understanding is that the schema should be generated after the repository objects are imported and activated according hddbschema file  in the project!

Kind regards

Rouzbeh

dimitar_tenev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rouzbeh,

SELECT privilege is not enough. Please, see my previous comment.

Best regards,

Dimitat

dimitar_tenev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rouzbeh,

The user that executes 'GRANT SELECT...' has to have 'Object Permissions' with "grantable to others" option enabled to the schema to which he wants to grant permission.

Best regards,

Dimitar

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitar,

the problem is solved executing the following statement as you described:

GRANT CREATE ANY, ALTER, DROP, SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, INDEX, TRIGGER, REFERENCES, EXECUTE ON SCHEMA "S0008975457" TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION

Thanks

Rouzbeh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try granting select privileges to _SYS_REPO to the schema you are tying to import Shine content to.

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <your_schema> TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION

All the models that will be imported from SHINE (or any other DU or development) will be activated by user _SYS_REPO which creates required runtime objects in _SYS_BIC schema.

Gopal