cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Repository Server input is down. BI 4.1 SP 04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im facing a problem at the moment to make an import/export of an univers wiith the UDT BI 4.1 SP 04. Once i want to export an univers, i have the following error mesage:

File Repository Service input is down in french "File repository Service input est hors service".

I already checked the configuration in the CMC:

no problems related to licenses.

the servers InputfileRepository and OutpoufileRepository are OK

I turned off the firewall in the client host

I checked the rights over the folders universes in the CMC: OK

I checked the file directory of the univers in the CMC (they are in the fileStore folder)

THANKS in advance for your help and any kind of suggestions.

Moises

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Moises,

The error you are getting is due to the FRS down situation.

Since you have mentioned the FRS is "OK" . I would like to confirm it is Running and Enabled.

You have mentioned you have turned off the Firewall from client side. But please verify if the Firewall is on the server then the ports should be opened BIDIRECTIONALLY , Best way to check is to use : Telnet <server> port and same from server machine to client.

Regards,

Mahak

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add the IP address in the Input/Output servers properties "Host name or IP address section and try. also if some port number are not assigned for these  then first assign port number to these server and try.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

It worked pretty well, i think it was due to a problem with the server configuration, besides the BO server is named bo.vvvv.vv, in the CMC all the serves are seeing just bo... at the begining i had a problem with the connection to the server, so i put the ip address in the core server...

thanks very much for your help!!