cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New requriment types for SNP optimization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

A standard SNP mantains planning with only 3 types of requirement: customer demand, corrected demand forecast and demand forecast. I can define 3 key figures to say to SNP optimizer “who is who” using standard KF functions 1001, 1002 and 1003.

But I need to define for one product-location 6 different types of forecasts with different ND costs. 

Questions:

1. Is it possible to add requirement types to use it in SNP1 tab of a product master?
  2. Is it possible to create a customer key figure function to map a customer key figure with a new requirement type?
  3. Is it possible to force an optimizer to take into account new requirement types as new demand classes?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to create new key figure function.
You can create new order categories for your different types of requirement, and create new key figures to display them. (Which order categories to display in a key figure is controlled by the "category group" setting.)
What optimizer recognize are some key figures like "stock on hand", "supply shortage" or "safety stock" and "reorder point" which are all with standard key figure function.
What you need to do is to add your key figures in the macro that calculate the stock relevant key figures. (Standard macro is "stock balance").

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

thank you for your reply. Probably I described the problem not very clear.

A new order type as well as macros are not appliable for solving my problem. I need to have for one location-product more demand categories then a standard SNP allows.

In plain language I want to have the same result as if I have few different locations for few different ND costs for the product. But I cannot increase a number of locations (for clients or/and DCs).

Let me explain using a simple example:

I sell a product Prod-1 at a DC 0001. It can be planned with different demand categories with different ND costs:

- forecast requirements

- marketing actions (which have higher priority then forecasts)

- requests without SD oders form very important clients

- requests without SD orders from other categories of clients

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry but I don't think this is possible. ND cost is product/location specific, you cannot have different ND cost for different requirement type.
Actually, SNP optimizer does not care requirement type, it only tells the optimizer engine "how much is the shortage" but not "how much is the shortage for a specific requirement type". All the requirements are calculated together.

BR, Ada