cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Infotype 0000 record

0 Kudos

Hi  -  I am creating a  exact same infotype 0000 record (action type, action reason, position everything is same), its not overriding the  existing record, instead it gives the below message.

Record is not saved. Identical record already exists.

Do you know why ?    Usually if it is same record it should override the existing one like IT0001,IT0002  etc....

FYI....Additional Actions(IT0302)  is activated.

Regards,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the data is same in IT 0, then does it matter, if the record is not re-saved? 

If you want to show the new date as the change date in the record, try changing one field, saving it; then changing back the field data to what it was and saving again.

0 Kudos

Hi Jagan - Thanks for the response.

Yes it's matters for the client.  I can't change manually as the data is coming from SuccessFactors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

If I remember correctly, since additional actions are activated in your case, the message actually refers to an identical record that exists on IT0302 not IT0000.  That is why you are getting the message that the record is not saved and why the behavior is different on IT0001 and IT0002.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Hi Scott - Thanks for your response.   Yes same record exists in IT302 and thats why I am getting that error.

My problem is I have to create two actions on the same day. for example transfer out action from a store and transfer in action for a new store.  I have to do this by using FM.

I am using FM HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA .  The order of the infotypes that shows in IT0000 are different when compare to manullay keying in and via FM.

If I  manually key in Transfer in shows first . see the screen shot. If  do the same via FM its shows opposite which is an issue at the time of payroll. 

Below is my FM code.

CALL FUNCTION 'HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA'

EXPORTING

pernr           = gs_data-pernr

actio           = 'INS'

tclas           = 'A'

begda           = gv_begda  "sy-datum

endda           = gc_endda

dialog_mode     = '0'

luw_mode        = '3' "p_lmode

no_enqueue      = 'X'

IMPORTING