cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot re-start message in backend sxi_monitor (sxmb_moni)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

for erroneous message, in the receiver abap system, we can always restart it in sxi_monitor. However in system with SAP_BASIS 7.31, we got problem.

apparently principle propagation is required to restart message in XI monitor, see post  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3713688. we do not use PP. Anyway, I've followed the post and get the RFC and the user created.

Now when I tried to restart message in xi monitor, it pops up sapgui login window to ask me to log in to the system. If you use my user id, I got error "Error during user switch", so it implies I need to use the user used in the PI communication channel to ECC. So I set the service user to dialog user, and tried to restart message using the CC user, now it works.

So my question is, the CC user should be service user, not dialog user. So how can I restart message without poping up window to ask me to log into the ecc system. My guess is that the PP is not configured, once it's configured properly it should not pop up login window, rather it automatically uses the CC service user to restart the message. Can anyone confirm it? if yes, how to configure PP only for restart message perspective?

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after checking more into this, looks like for receiver abap side, there is no more config is required for PP. However why I am prompted with login window when restarting a message in receiver sxi_monitor?

I haven't found any post in SDN similar to my issue. My guess is that people user their own user id to configure receiver XI/SOAP CC in PI, so they are not prompted for login window when restarting message. However you should use system user id to configure your receiver CC, especially in production system. So why no one raised this question until now?

Any of hints / direction would be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, on one can comment on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

Did you find the solution this issue. We are facing the same issue, after Config the PP and still we are getting the sapgui popup.

PIPPUSER having the required SAP_XI_APP_SERV_USER role.

SAPXIPPXXX RFC connection test is working fine.

Please share your experience.

Regards,

Neel.