cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Bin - One SKU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario and can you let me know if this is possible.

H001 - St. Type

One SKU

Multiple SU

One Bin (Not Fixed)

Is the above scenario possible in standard.

A bin B001 in storage type (H001) has 100 Units of SKU001, then 

• No other SKU should be allowed to be placed in bin B001 unless the bin is empty.
  • It should allow multiple SU of the same SKU

If the same bin B001 is empty

• Then it should be possible to place SKU002 / SKU003 etc.
  • Once a SKU is placed then any other SKU should not be allowed until it is empty (It should allow multiple SU of the same SKU)

Regards

AMK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the current settings at storage type level?

Your requirement should be possible with 'Mixed storage' = ' ' (blank, i.e. mzixed storage not allowed) and addition to existing stock as 'X' or 'M' if you want to control from material master for specific material

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen / Kamalar,

Yes I'm using "K" as putaway. I'm attaching the screenshot for clarity on my settings.

I'm able to achieve everything that I need except to be able to putaway "MULTIPLE SU's" into one Bin

• Only One material in one bin but not fixed --> OK able to achieve with mixed SKU blank
  • One Material in a BIN with multiple SU's in that --> Not able to achieve this

Regards

AMK

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try with mixed storage indicator A?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>>> One Material in a BIN with multiple SU's in that --> Not able to achieve this <<<<

How do you want to achieve this or how did you try to achieve this?? Do you think that system should automatically pick storage bin where material already exist during TO creation? or are you specifying specifying it manually during TO creation?

With strategy K, system will not pick bin automatically.

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

I tried "A" --> Here it says "Several homogeneous storage units per bin" so system is allowing multiple SKU's into one BIN. My requirement is only ONE SKU in one BIN but multiple SU's (of the same SKU).

@Kamalakar: Kindly note that yes bin will be selected manually but the idea is to stop manual putaway if already some stock of a different SKU is present in that bin. Currently some part quantities of a particular say SKU1 are left over in the system and physically BIN is empty, now the putaway guys are able to place the another material say SKU2 in that bin.

This is actually creating mess over a period of time, people are forgetting to clear that left quantities either by counting or by moving to 999. So over a period of time reconciliation/identification of these small quantities left is becoming a nightmare.

If we can stop SKU for being placed in a bin if already one item is present then to a certain extent we can stop this issue. Physically the putaway guy cannot place the new SKU's until the left over quantities are cleared in the system. He will approach supervisor first to clear the bin in system and then only he can place the stock.

Regards

AMK

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain what you understand with SKU, best you tell the technical field name from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Sorry!! I guess I confused the members here. Here in our WH we use SKU for identifying a material. In SAP term MARA-MATNR.

Regards

AMK

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible with mixed indicator B and C, please see the F1 help.

Also in  a bulk strategy it is possible to use all kind of mixed storage indicators, see Strategy B: Bulk Storage - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you!! will check on Bulk storage. Can we put exit for these kind of scenarios, is it advisable with the same strategy.

Regards

AMK

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have to develop a complete own strategy, see the description of the exits: Function Modules and Customer Exits in WMS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AMK,

By Going through your Post, I noticed you mentioned the Storage type as 4 digit. But in SAP R/3 storage type is 3 character.

Would you confirm you are using Centralized WM and not EWM.

Thanks,

Sai Arala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Sorry its a typo error. It is only 3 digits and we are only using WM.

Regards

AMK

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell what you understand under SKU? For me it was always stock keeping unit, which is nothing else than the base unit of measure.

You said before you are using putaway strategy K, had you tested this scenario with this strategy? Did you face any particular issue or error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any suggestion on this.

Regards

AMK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is this possible to achieve this in standard. I tried several ways with the mentioned putaway strategy but could not get it.

Can anyone kindly respond.

Regards

AMK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AMK,

I believe you can control this using the Mixed Storage Indicator in Storage type Definition. Read Documentation for Option B and C.

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Arala,

I have putaway strategy "K" and option B & C cannot go with this. Bulk strategy is must for the mentioned options.

Regards

AMK