Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EDI separator: XML message format

Herwig
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

one of our trading partners want to submit messages (XML) via AS2. As we are expecting 5 different XML formats, we want to use EDI Separater Adapter in order to route the messages (similar to "classic" EDI scenarios with EDIFACT messages e.g., which we are using, too).

We've set up 6 iFlows, the first with AS2 adapter sender channel and EDI separater receiver channel. The other 5 iFlows with EDI separator sender and mapping to 5 different IDOC formats, which are then forwarded via IDOC receiver channels to an SAP ERP system.

As the incoming messages are XML files, we want to use the XML-option with the EDI separator adapter. But, when receiving messages, the first iFlow does't work and we get an exception in the message monitoring similar to the exception described in SAP note 1943863:

Exception caught by adapter framework: com.sap.aii.adapter.ediseparator.ra.integration.DispatchException: received XML message, but no sender communication channel is configured to receive it

But - we don't have any special, non ascii characters in the incoming message, which uses utf-8 character set.

If we change the scenario from XML to "Default" message in the EDI separator receiver channel and set the one of the other iFlows accordingly to handle that default message type, everything works fine: But then we can't distinguish between the different incoming XML files...

Any ideas, how to solve that problem?

Thanks

Herwig Stecher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Herwig,

As per the error, please check your sender EDISeparater channel. Try to differentiate logically between all the five different channels. Infact, try activate only one of the second flow and make others inactive and trigger the message.

I faced this difficulty when I configured multiple channels with same details, the message was showing this kind of error.

Please give a try and let us know.

Thanks,

Nidhi

former_member499364
Participant
0 Kudos

I have only 1 flow and getting the exact same error, my flow is like : -

SFTP Sender to EDI Receiver .......EDI sender to IDOC receiver

Getting error like :-

received XML message, but no sender communication channel is configured to receive it.

Message could not be forwarded to the JCA adapter. Reason: com.sap.aii.adapter.ediseparator.ra.integration.DispatchException: received XML message, but no sender communication channel is configured to receive it.

I have configured very basic configurations in SAP PO7.5 for EDI 823 file format, what am I missing here

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

konrad_thalheim3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Herwig,

is it possible for you to share an example of one of your communication channels?

You will receive a similar error if two or more of your edi separator channels fit the incoming message.

Kind regards

Konrad

Herwig
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Konrad,

thank you for your post and your suggestions. But that didn't solve the issue.

Now I've deleted all the EDI separator sender iFlows but one. And it's still the same error.

That's the configuration, I'm using:

In the EDI separator receiver channel, I've selected XML only:

While I've configured the XML sender channel now as simple as possible:

And still, the error described above remains.

Any ideas?

Herwig

konrad_thalheim3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Herwig,

kindly try it with just * not .*

You have here a xpath query and not a PI/PO config field.

Herwig
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Konrad,

thanks for your suggestion. I've tried it with a "*", but it still didn't work.

After that, I've tried again to use the standard XML XPath option (not the free text, as in the screenshot above), and now it worked (the XML payload of the message is a LIS000 Idoc in principle):

Don't know why it's working now, as I've tried various combinations of XPath entries before, but then I might had a problem with the other communication channels, which were still active then.

Thanks for the help!

Herwig

sagar_goray2
0 Kudos

Hello Herwig,

Can you please let me know how did you solve this issue? I am also facing the same issue. I am receiving IDOC XML from third party but in EDI separator receiver channel I am getting error that Message type could not be determined. When I am checking check box Enable Default , it is working fine.

Thanks,

Sagar