cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commonly faced bugs/tickets in realtime ?

veerusap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

can any one please post me some information about  commonly we are facing bugs/tickets in realtime from fun/client .

i am new to Webdynpro ABAP .actually idnt know which type of bugs will come .

i want to know Some information which type of tickets we receive in real time .

Could you anybody please send me some bugs in simple words .

thank you

regards

satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below link for common issues in WDP.

Common issues

Thanks

KH

0 Kudos

Hello,

The above posted issues are design time mostly. You'll come to know about these while activating your component.

Runtime issue will usually result in a dump directly .  Mostly runtime issue can come due to improper mapping of elements and their corresponding cardinality.

Assigning of a wrong data type to a different type of field also returns in error.

Calling Submit Programs from within WDABAP view and if that program runs in error, will result in dump in your application.

Dropdowns do give dumps if the total dropdown values are more than a fixed no. as per ABAP standards . Not sure about exact no, maybe it's 255.

Not passing correct parameters to assistance class methods will result in dumps , same is the case with subroutines in programs.

Dynamic context and view layout building runs into error at runtime, as they are not checked at design time by compiler.

These are some of the runtime errors you may face, however, if anything specific please post here.

Be very careful about the cardinality of elements you are making for your application.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi satish,

Abbas here. They are some common issues i have faced..

* Sometimes when we fail to activate our component, even though we have fixed everything, it doesnt have any errors..then also it has not activated...

tpo overcome this, we have to first activate some mandatory services in the TCODE = 'SICF'

There were some other issues like this,

*Missing WebDynpro popup and tray icons in NWBC

*WDA: UI element is not visible with container height 100%

*WDA: cannot select in the context menu

*FATAL ERROR popup when running Web Dynpro Application

*NWBC login fields are small / truncated

*Text field cursor jumps to the beginning of the field

*You have user Zero reference object(exception)

*UI element missing in Webdynpro application

*The language of text on FileUpload button

*Label alignment in Web Dynpro applications are incorrect

These are the some issues i have faced.....

Regards,

Abbas.

veerusap
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you