SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event R402 - can it be used to modify the exiting line items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In the function module at event R402, so far I am able to create the new BP line item and new GL line item and append them to t_vkk_doc_id-vkk_doc_r402-n_fkkop and  t_vkk_doc_id-vkk_doc_r402-n_fkkopk respectively.  I am also able to populate some useful value in an empty field in the existing BP line items and modify t_vkk_doc_id-vkk_doc_r402-t_fkkop accordingly.

When the function module is executed, all data are created or populated successfully in t_vkk_doc_id-vkk_doc_r402.  However, when posting happens, the new value that was populated in t_vkk_doc_id-vkk_doc_r402-t_fkkop was missing from the posted document, although the new BL line item and new GL line item were created successfully. 

Is R402 used only for creating new line items?  Where is the best place to modify the existing line items?

Thanks.

Jennifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Please try FQevent 61.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Please try FQevent 61.

0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh.  I will work on event 61.  It seems to be a right place to edit t_fkkop.  Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although event 61 can be used to update the fields in FICA document before its posting, it is called after account maintenance which is too late for my purpose.  I forgot to mention in my first post that the reason to populate some value in a field in FKKOP is for clearing grouping purpose.  I ended up using R401 which is called after R402 but before clearing proposal is created.  I would like to note that the standard function of R401 also does not see to allow editing the line items - whatever I edited in  TY_R401_FKKCL does not pass on to FKKCL in the main program.  With developer's help, we directly edited T_FKKCL via R401.