cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple integration scenarios with adapter SOAP XI 3.0 on AAE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm creating a various scenarios PROXY-PI-SOAP using AAE.

Can I reuse the SOAP XI 3.0 sender communication channel for all the ICOs?

Thanks in advance!

J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jawa,

It is always suggested to create different channels per scenario. There will be a issue if you go for migration in future. It will be very difficult to migrate having single channel for several scenarios.

Regards,
Nitin

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jawa,

If you use single sender soap adapter for all interfaces you need to consider the problems explained in below blog.

For ICO scenarios message processing using sender queues only not in receiver queues check below sap note.

1557036 - Integrated Configuration Objects (ICO) scenarios use Messaging System Sender Queues only

If one receiver having slow processing it will effect for all other interfaces uses same adapter type, check below sap note.

1136790 - Blocking receiver channel may affect the whole adapter type

As per below sap note you need to set maxReceiver parameter for integrated configuration scenarios.

1493502 - Max Receiver Parameter for Integrated Configurations

I think better to create separate channel for each interface and set the max receiver parameter then if one receiver is down, it will not effect the other interfaces.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

oops, I was just thinking abt the configration part, but 1 need to think abt performance too

thanks for the correction but I guess the issue was not for 7.31 or higher

pls clerify

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the past we had faced cases where all the threads were consumed simply because of the amount of traffic our PI system was handling even in the case of separate channels per scenario.  What we found was that the maintenance was overwhelming with that but we extended the number of SOAP threads per node from the default of 5 to 15 and when we migrated to PO 7.4 this year we were able to use one SOAP sender per system/component.  I don't know if anyone in our BASIS team has consistently run the Wily traces that are mentioned in the other thread but we haven't noticed any obvious ill effects.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi J

Since in Proxy sender case, Data is coming  to PI and we don't configure much  in proxy channel

So as long as the configuration for all interfaces is same, You can use  a unique Proxy channel for all interfaces.