cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked myself out of SAP now cannot login back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered before but I looked and couldn't find an answer so posting the question:

I had only created one user which has been locked due to too many failed attempts.

I am also unable to login using the default user id and password i.e sap* and ddic

I am aware I need to set the the parameter at following settings at  login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

I cannot do it at the sap level as I cannot login at all.

How do I change these at OS level?

Go to : \usr\sap\<sid>\SYS\profile

Where do I go from here?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is other option through which you can unlock the user and also change the password:-

1. To unlock the user

goto SQL prompt,  login using ora<SID>

$sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

SQL> update sapsr3.usr02 set uflag=0 where bname='username' and mandt='000';

2.  To change the password to 19920706-

SQL> update sapsr3.usr02 set bcode='61D26428640DBAB5' where bname='DDIC' and mandt='000';

you are done and you can login now..

Krishna

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shahan,

in this case it is enough to enter the login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 profile parameter into one of the application server profiles, then log on to this application server.

Don't forget to restart the entire system before you try to use this parameter.

Also: perhaps this Discussion should be moved to e.g. http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-as, as this Space is not exactly meant for specific questions like this...

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laszlo,

Thank you for your response.

The post was automatically moved here:)

Regarding what you suggest, I am a complete noob can you explain with some details?

I will be very greatful.

Thanks

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shahan,

it seems this Discussion is still in the Software Support Space, and only a reference has been shown in the NetWeaver AS Space...

Anyway, to answer your question:

• on OS level go to \user\sap\SYS\profile
  • pick an instance you will use, and open its profile file.
  • add the following line at the bottom of the file: login/no_automatic_user_sapstart = 0
  • restart the entire system from MC (or any other administrative consol you use)
  • adjust the SAP Logon Pad so you will logon the instance which you have adjusted now
  • logon with user SAP* and password pass (or PASS, I can't recall which is correct now).
    (Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe client 000 or 001 needs to be used...)

Best regards,

Laszlo