Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERMS Incident creation via e-mail in SOLMAN 7.1 SPS13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I followed all the steps in the blog -

E-MAIL INBOUND CONFIGURATION- ALM: Incident Management - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution M...

How ever this blog doesn't explain Rule Policies to create an incident via email.

I created rule policy as per the rule details ..

IfE-Mail Subject Contains "Test"ThenSend Auto Acknowledgement ( Mail Form = Zemail form; Outgoing E-Mail Address = testsaphelp@xxx.com; Create Interaction Record = No; Create Service Order = No; Create Service Request = Yes ) andRoute EMail ( Organizational Object = Basis support Team ) andStop Further Rule Processing

but incident is not getting created.

Email is getting received in SOIN and auto notification is sent to receiver (but without Incident Number and also the Incident is not getting created in the UI)

Also referred and implemented the manual activities as in snotes - 1724280; 1616660; 1596134 too along with

1846041 - How to analyze why an ERMS inbound E-Mail is not found in the agent inbox

Referred most of the blogs on the CRM / ERMS / SOLMAN which have this incident creation subject - but unable to create the incident.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks / Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you see the inbound emails at all in the inbound email inbox workcenter?

In the provided implementation and configuration guide of ERMS for Solution Manager 7.1, the incident is not supposed to be first created automatically.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel and Artem,

Thank you for replying to my post, but after SPS10, with the snotes - 1724280; 1616660; 1596134, the incident should be able to be create right. I am seeing the mail coming into the inbox work center, but that works only if we have a level 1 Help Desk support system. And even based on the SCN discussion threads, incident creation from e-mail seems to be working for some without any development effort. Please help enlighten if i am thinking in the wrong direction.

thanks / Vijay.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The ERMS implementation in Solution Manager is slightly different to the ERMS implementation in pure CRM.

So, don't assume that everything that you see in CRM notes for ERMS will work exactly the same way in the Solution Manager 7.1 ERMS.

For starters, the Interaction Center Business Roles are incompatible with ITSM, so that's a good chunk of ERMS functionality that cannot be used in Solution Manager 7.1.

If I recall correctly, I saw recently that the Solution Manager ERMS will create incidents automatically starting in Solution Manager 7.2. You might make it work in Solution Manager 7.1, but it's not officially supported in the context of Solution Manager 7.1.

I for one have never seen the ERMS in Solution Manager 7.1 create new incidents fully automatically. That is, following the official implementation and configuration guides.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Miguel for Clarifying on the standard functionality.

So in this context, i believe even the ERMS Threading which is in CRM will also not work for Solution Manager 7.1 - right. Or is there any possibility of this working without any customization.

How to set up Threading in ERMS - CRM - SCN Wiki

thank you.

Regards / Vijay.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please use this configuration document:

E-MAIL INBOUND CONFIGURATION- ALM: Incident Management - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution M...

The document you cite bases its configuration on Interaction Center Business Roles, which are incompatible with Solution Manager ITSM.

Solution Manager ITSM has got threading, but the attribute context is not the same as per the CRM guide, and the tracking ID is different (it's the CRM transaction GUID of the incident linked).

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel

I followed the guide for ERMS enablement for ITSM, however I cannot see any emails, that I sent to the defined email address, in transaction SOIN. When performing the simulation (4.6 Testing Inbound E-mail) indicated in the guide, there are no errors encountered.

Would you know if there are any required steps/configurations that are needed which are not in the guide, since I followed it step by step but I still cannot get this functionality to work?

Kind regards,

Wade

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have checked configurations in Solution Manager systems following this guide, and the ERMS worked. No extra previous steps were needed.

Perhaps something is missing, but I would have to check all the configuration step by step to be able to tell what. It looks like the problem is before the rule modelling or the workflow, it is in the basic inbound email configuration, before the whole transfer to workflow or the ERMS proper happens.

Best regards, 

Miguel Ariño

ganievzm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Wade,

Are you saw a note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging/SMS via SMTP? - https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/455140

In the article "How to configure connectivity between Exchange 2010 and SAP system?" Unified Communication Blog: How to configure connectivity between Exchange 2010 and SAP system is outlined the solution with use of domain 3rd level.

BG,

Zavdat Ganiev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Vijaya.

In SM 7.1 this option needs some development.

You can read about it in Miguel's answer here.

BR,

Artem