cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services 4.1 Server Group - Remove one of the servers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two servers in a Server Group in Data Services 4.1.  I need to remove one of the servers.  To do this I went to the Sever Group Configuration tab and unchecked to server I need to removed and applied the change to configuration.  That seems to be all that is needed but the existing jobs scheduled against the server group don't seem to work.  When I try to alter the schedule, I receive a message saying the file cannot be found.  Sould the schedules be altered so they will run on the remaining server before removing the second server from the Server Group.  Also when there is only only server in the server group, should BODS jobs be scheduled on the single server or the Server Group name?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the schedule stores both JobServerGroup and job server information in the command line, so if you remove a job server from the server group after scheduling a job on server group, the schedule command is not automatically updated

ideally, when executing the schedule the removed job server shouldn't be considered but looks like currently its doing that

yes, you will have to modify the schedule to recreate the schedule command

or you could modify the schedule .bat file and remove the job server that you don't need