cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex.rate diff.accts are incomplete for account XXXXXC currency USD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need your expert advice to resolve the below issue. Kindly help me to understand this.

We have Foreign Currency transaction for our client, our local Currency is INR and we have posted a document for GL Account lets say 100000 balance sheet account which is Open item management active with USD Currency in F-02 transaction. Now, when we are clearing it with expense account, we are getting the below error message

Ex.rate diff.accts are incomplete for account 0000100000 currency USD.

When I am testing the same in testing system, we are not getting any error even though we have not defined the exchange rate difference account in OB09 as when document was pasted and clearing document do have different date in terms of months where we have same Exchange Rate.But if the price difference is there, system give the above error which is normal and we have to maintained the Exchange rate difference account in OB09.

But in our PRD System, we do have the same rate maintained in OB08 for different months but still we are getting the above error, as per my knowledge, system should not ask for the exchange rate gain/loss account for this transaction.

Please guide if there is any config where we can make it mandatory to check for Foreign currency --Exchange rate gain/loss account.

Thanks In Advance for your help.

Regards,

Saurabh Saxena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

Have you mentioned exchange rate difference key on the gl (FS00) account ?its is very mandatory because when you are going to clear the gl account system need to clear the exchange rate difference even .01 rs.the t code oba1 for maintain exchange rate difference key .

I hope it will solve your problem.

Cheers:

Regards,

srinivasan s

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

If you have any foreign currency differences at the time of document posting, then clearing. you need to do the OB09 settings for your open item account. It is standard behavior. Please revisit your test environment scenario and PRD scenario.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I understand this and that's the reason I have doubt why system is behaving in such a manner,  but when I chekc Test or PRD systems, both do not have OB09 settings for that particular GL, OB08 Conversion rates are mapped as same for whole month in both the systems, and posting a open item and clearing both are in the same month. there is no price difference which I am trying to clear as hard currency and local Currency both have the same amount, but system even though checking it in PRD and getting the error message, but not in Test System.

So the same question, is there any settings which is specifically maintained to check for conversion rate or exchange rate GL for loss/gain when foreign currency transactions comes into the picture.

Regards,

Saurabh Saxena

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

The only reason why the exchange rate difference may not come in your test system is that the exchange rate on the date the original document was posted and the rate when you are clearing it is same. In such a case, there would not be an exchange rate difference. However, in production you may be having a different rates, since it might be more frequently maintained. You need to define an exchange rate difference account in OB09 for the same and than post the clearing document.

Thanks & regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

I have check it again and I have posted the document in one month and clearing in another, maintained the Exchange rate same for both the months.

However, In PRD system, they are posting in the same month but the entry date was in next month but posting and document date are in the same month. also they only update the exchange rate once on 1st of every month.

Please let me know if there are any setting which ask for exchange rate difference account everytime when we use Foreign Currency.

Regards,

Saurabh Saxena

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

If the exchange rates are same there would be no FX difference and which is why you will not get an error for missing config in OB09. However, in PRD, you mentioned that the exchange rate on the original document and clearing document are same. Another probability is that there may have been a specific exchange rate type assigned in the document type configuration as well in OBA7 for the original document and clearing document. There could be an exchange rate difference on that count as well since exchange rate for different exchange rate types can be different. So in that case as well, the system would look for posting exchange rate difference. In a nutshell, you have to maintain the difference accounts for the transaction to go through.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari