Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Mandatory in Tabstrip

former_member221372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement of Tab Strip UI element.

I have a tab strip with 2 tabs.

1 st tab has one mandatory field(  ITEM01_NETWR  ) and 2nd tab has another mandatory field ( ITEM02_NETWR ) and in 1st tab ITEM02_NETWR   is not mandatory and in 2nd tab ITEM01_NETWR is not mandatory.

While I am saving the data by keeping cursor at 1st tab then it is througing an error that ITEM02_NETWR is required and same way if I keep at 2nd tab and saving, then it is throughing error that ITEM01_NETWR is mandatory.

I can't hard code as it may have more than 2 tabs.

So please advice me how to solve this?

Cheers,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

All mandatory fields within a single view would be rendered/checked at runtime if empty or filled.

Hence, I think in the tabstrip element it's checking all of those even in different tabs.

If you know the no. of tabs you are going to have, then you can actually code and display error if mandatory fields are not filled for a particular tab.

However, if you still want to give a try to the below logic, it might work out for you. Please check out the link below

tab strip UI element | SCN

As per this, you can make separate views for each tab using component usages and then place in your tab view container element. Maybe then, it'll not look for mandatory fields as a whole .

Worth giving a try, but not sure if this would work.

former_member221372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rishabh,

Here it is a dynamic tabs and for each tab they have given same VIEW, thats why it is checking all tabs data.

So please tell me how to make separate it dynamically.

Cheers,

Bharath