cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Enterprise 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have always worked with CE9, but recently we have had to upgrade our server to Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, I have freshly installed CE9 and I have got RAS service started, but ePortfolio wont work - I get a 404 page not found error when I click the report application server launchpad

Is CE9 compatible with Windows Sever 2008?

If not what upgrade do I need please?

Many thanks

Kieron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CE 9 has been out of support for well over 10 years, so no, it will not work with Windows Server 2008.  Your best bet is going to be to upgrade to Crystal Reports Server 2013.  You will need to contact your local SAP Sales office to get more info about that.  You can reach them at 1-800-872-1727 in the US.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated.

Will Crystal Reports Server 2013 allow me to publish reports in web browser like Crystal enterprise 9 did - via ePortfolio Lite and RAS?

Or will I need to purchase a separate application (Crystal Enterprise 2013??)

Many thanks for you help.

Kieron

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CRS has the BI Launchpad web application for viewing and scheduling reports.  It has the Central Management Console for administering the system.  You can publish report to the system directly from Crystal 2013, or you can write an application using either the .NET or Java SDK to publish reports (I may have some sample code available for that...)

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some Sample code would be excellent thanks.

Thank you for all your help

Kieron

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have my sample code on my hard drive at home, so it may be tomorrow before I can post it for you.

-Dell

Answers (0)