Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change ship-to location after releasing SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Please give me some advice.

If we need to change ship-to locaiton of line item after releasing SO, how to change it.

Because, we already created POR based on this SO. In that case, do we need to cancel all process(Cancel PO and Cancel SO)?

I'd like to change "sihp-to" location in just SO. But, as far as I know, it is impossible...

Regards,

Ichida

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ichida,

When a sales order is created, in the backend a snapshot of the document is created and all master data like account, currency, priority etc which is used as reference in all future referencing.

So you cannot just change the ship to in SO if it is released for further processing. You will to cancel the subsequent document and bring the sales order to in-preparation/open status to make relevant changes.

Regards

Leo

SAP Product Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your advice. I'd like to confirm one point as follow.

Do you mean thad we need to cancel POR based on SO?

Regards,

Ichida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ichida,

The process you follows from my understanding is "SO - > Run Supply Plan -> Purchase Proposal -> Puchase Order Request"

In this case, you will not be able to cancel the PR are at "purchase request and purchase order processing" ---------> Purchase Requests level. As the source for this PR is SO, the cancellation request has to come from SO iteself.

Kindly note that you can update ship-to at header level in SO but it wont affect your PR already created.

So the ideal work-around to your situation is as follows

1. Change the ship to of your sales order at header level.

2. Set reason for rejection for the SO item already released resulting in creation of POR.

3. Add a new line item similar to item rejected where the ship to will be set the address you required.

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

That is good idea. I will try it soon.

Thank you very much for your advice!!

Regards,

Ichida

Answers (0)