cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Order processing in Business ByDesign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do we have back order processing functionality in Business ByDesign??

For eg:

If I have 3 customers A,B,C and A is my high priority customer. I have sales orders created for B & C with some material and the goods issue activity is still not done.

Now I have exhausted the stock in my site just by allocating the material to the sales orders. Now I will create a sales order for A, who is my high priority customer, the system should be intelligent enough to identify the sales order of the high priority customer and search for the material that was allocated to other customer, cancel the availability and re-assign it to the high priority customer sales order.

Is this possible and where is the control?

Thanks & Regards

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_resag
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

it really depends on how far your process is.

Variant 1: sales orders for customer B and C have a green availability check result, but are not yet released to execution (in Outbound Logistics Control WoC). Then you can use the 'Confirmation Update Run' to automatically assign the available quantity e.g. based on delivery priority. However I would only do this in exceptional cases because otherwise there is a risk that B and C do not get delivered many times. From a business perspective only the delivery date should be relevant for delivery priority, all other things will mess up your supply chain. Therefore I recommend to always only manually re-assign ATP quantities in exceptional cases and not systematically by mass data run. This can be done by first cancelling the confirmation and the redo the check for the A order.

Variant 2: In case sales orders for customer B and C are already released to execution (delivery proposal exists), I recommend to force the confirmation and then release also order A to execution, execute the order, and then do a mass confirmation update, as soon as new stock is there. The force confirmation step will result in a temporary ATP over-confirmation, that can be resolved via the mass confirmation update run, as soon as new inventory is available for all the already released sales orders.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan,

That was very descriptive and you saved lot of time for me.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nishanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

Unlike SAP CRM and SAP APO, this is not supported with SAP business By-design system. Manually you can post goods issue against respective proposal as per your requirement if the stock is available and readily allocated.

Regards

Leo