Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add leading zero's to Infoobject ?

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a char value infobject with length 5 without alpha conversion. If I see the values in the master data table of the iobj, i can see 00002, and the same value is getting loaded in the Infocube as well. But while displaying the values for that IOBJ, I am unable to see the leading zero's.

For ex. it shows as 2 instead of 00002. Please advise.

Thank You

DR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you want to achieve, with ZERO or without ZERO? Are you using same infoobject in your cube?

If you want your object to have leading zeroes, then you need to have the ALPHA conversion..Else, you need to manually add the leading zeroes when loading OR you may add a routine and use the FM CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT to have leading zeroes..

Regards,

Loed

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Loed, I have zero's in the MD table and in the infocube as well. But wondering why is it not displaying in the report. I have used alphaconversion in the routine for the ziobj. It's a 4 char length, alpha conversion, getting loaded thru flat file, which has 0005. In psa it is 0005, in MD table it is 0005, but while displaying the report its showing as 5.

Thank You

DR

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using analyzer? Maybe because of the format of the excel cells where the values lie?

Can you try to display one of its attributes and check whether CORRECT ATTRIBUTE values were shown?

Regards,

Loed

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

No Loed, its a web portal. Like execute option in the menu from the Bex query designer.

Thank You

DR

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you do this?

Can you try to display one of its attributes and check whether CORRECT ATTRIBUTE values were shown?

Regards,

Loed

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

It is. Correct values are shown for the attributes as they are text.

Thanks

DR

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If attributes are showing correctly then similar data were loaded in your masterdata and transactional data..No need to worry for leading zeroes in your report since you have correct data, assuming that attributes data were shown correctly..

Regards,

Loed

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Loed,

I am aware that its still showing the right data. But the thing is user want to see 0005 instead of 5 .

I have changed the o/p using the FM. Now its showing as 0005 in the report.

Thanks for your time Loed.

Cheers

DR

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to know that your problem is already solved..

Regards,

Loed

Answers (0)