Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow loading of Portal home page

former_member190063
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our portal is taking 20 secs to display the home page. We are using EP 7.31 SP 7 version. I have checked the thread dumps. Everything is fine.We don't know the exact cause of this portal slowness. Is there any solutions to bring back the portal to normal stage?

Thanks and regards,

Karthik.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

There are many causes for this.  If it's happening suddenly:

• Has the hardware changed?
  • Have you added new iViews / content to the homepage or default role?  e.g. UWL will kill performance!
  • Has this affected all users or just some?  It could be a roles issue
  • Is this happening across your landscape?
  • Where is your UME?  Local on the portal or a remote LDAP?  This could be running slowly

What time would you expect it to take?  My production portal takes between 2 and 30 seconds to open, depending on the number of roles and merge points in the user's navigation hierarchy.

HTTPWatch or Fiddler will help identify any communications to external content.  You could also try a different desktop (/irj/portal/interop or /irj/portal/classic) to see how that changes the login time.

Regards, Marc

former_member190063
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

1) Only application server was changed.

2) No new iviews were added in the home page.

3) Yes. The impact is common to all the users.

4) Its reflecting across my landscape.

I need to check my UME. How to check the location of UME?

It should take only 6-7 secs. But it is taking more than 24 secs.I checked in HTTP trace . There is no hanging time in between the landing of home page. I need to try with different desktops.

Thank You very much.

Regards,

Karthik.S

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best fine-tuning document for the SAP Portal is this: How to Fine Tune Performance of Portal Platform (NW2004)

It addresses fine-tuning topics related to network and memory, and introduces as well other advanced tuning parameters, which have impact on overall Portal performance and scalability.

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You say that the application server was changed.  What changes were  made ? Do you think that caused the poor performance?

To check which UME you're using, you can login to https://<portal>:<port>/useradmin and go to the configuration section.  This will show the connection type and location of a remote LDAP or other data source.

Regards, Marc

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik.

1.  Have you tried different browsers & desktops?

2. You can enable the httpWatch to analysis the slowness of the performance

1697063 - HttpWatch - Performance Analysis

2267012 - LMS: How to use HTTPwatch

1994801 - HTTPwatch Tips

Regards

SS

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Did you make any changes/upgrades to your system recently? I'd recommend running a HTTP trace with the likes of HTTPWatch (the full version) or Fiddler and see if the loading is hanging at any application in particular.

Best regards,

Nick