Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag not displaying the post in the space

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings SCN Support team,

My recent blog is supposed to display in the tagged space, but isn't happening. What can be the reason?

Regards

KJogeswaraRao.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So your blog post should appear on the Enterprise Asset Management (SAP EAM) overview page because it's tagged with "eam."  Yup, I see an issue.

@ or : Any know issues at the moment why content tagged appropriately aren't appearing in related content feeds?

E.g.

• should appear in related items on > Tag: eam
  • should appear in related items on > Tag: sap_teched
jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Jason,

Thanks for response.

Further information to support trouble shooting.

I reported the case after 24 hours of my observation. Prior to this I had been trying with Tags of other spaces such as quality, mrp, abap, badi, plm7.02 etc., but nowhere it was appearing. So this indicates that it is not a specific area issue, but a bug of general nature.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hmmm, I see the problem.

I played with the tags a bit, but still the blog is not showing in the 'Related Content feed on the space overview page.

I will further inquire...

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more clue David,

Perhaps it is not appearing in 'Top Liked Content (Past Month)too upon its entitlement to be so.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Well, each feed is a separate widget;

Top Linked Content (Past Month) - I do not expect your blog to show here as it was published this month.

Recent Activity - your blog is successfully shown in this feed

Related content on SCN - this widget seems to be stuck. the last entry is from 5 days ago. I realized the same behavior with this widget also on other spaces.

I am further inquiring...

Btw, I believe that the idea behind the Related content on SCN is to expose relevant content that was published on other spaces. 

but it should work also for content published on the same space (which is obviously relevant :-))

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Thank you for updates. I believe that I have adequate experience with the appearing patterns of these posts in the 3 categories of lists talked about so far by which I would like to share these points with you.

• There has been never a problem for the post to appear in the Recent Activity.
  • The problem is with Related Content which I'm afraid is not meant for a post to appear in other spaces, it is equally meant for the very space where it was published.
  • To appear in Top liked list there is no pre-requisite like it should be one-month old. My senses say the problem is there too, because my post under discussion has already attained the entitlement for this.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

Further inquiring this issue with one of our developers, it seems that there is a good chance that this will be resolved with the upcoming deployment this coming Monday.

I would dearly appreciate your feedback on this behavior after the deployment (maybe on Tuesday)

Thanks.

KR - David C

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Certainly David, I shall do it with pleasure.

In fac,t I am not worried about my post, I'm worried about the bug in general.

Thank you Regards

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Just now I've just seen my post in the Top liked list. So that doubt has been cleared. The main issue is of Related Content stands which I'll be watching and giving the feedback.

Thank you

KJogeswaraRao.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I don't think the issue has been resolved. For instance, on the SCN welcome page there is a section for content tagged with sapmentor ("SAP Mentor Blog Posts"). That section is not updating with new content, and hasn't been for some time. Likewise in the space, the "recent posts" section on the homepage should be showing content with the sapmentor tag, but it isn't updating.

Cheers,

Matt

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

The issue is yet to be resolved. Waiting for it.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I noticed the same - the mentor content usually changes daily, but it seems to have been "frozen" at least for a few days already.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

More like a couple weeks, in fact.

William_Laverde
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking into this issue for the SAP Mentor public space.

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The last deployment (Feb-22) did not go though.

The next deployment is planned for Feb-29

I believe that after this deployment the related content widget will
function again.

I would dearly apprichiate your feedback on Feb-23

KR - David

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eagerly waiting for Feb29 to arrive. Thanks for update.

Regards

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems Feb-29 target could not materialize.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems to be working again, at least the Mentor area is finally showing some new content.

Thank you, whoever fixed this.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

It seems good news arrived finally. I could see the CONTENT ROLLING IN THE RELATED CONTENT SPACE. Closing the thread.

Thank you

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Status update from the author:

The issue is still waiting to be resolved.

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

yes, I know

I opened a ticket: SOC-2505

I will further update this thread with any progress

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for an update, David!

We really need to get this fixed. The SAP Mentor content list on the SCN home page has been frozen in time for a while already.

We can't use the "blog roll" to keep up with the new blogs because it's full of the marketing junk. There is always good content posted by the Mentors that is valuable for the whole community. It deserves to be highlighted.

Pinging

William_Laverde
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Regarding the SAP Mentors space I have already been in contact with Moshe and Brian regarding this issue. They are aware of the issue. 

@David Cockrell for opening a ticket as well.

Jason_Cao
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for pinging me Jelena!

Thanks for escalating this William!