Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Dashboards 4.1: Process dp command after adding 2nd QaaWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on SAP Dashboards and I am facing the following error:

"An internal Error occured while calling process DP Commands EX API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)"

This happens when I refresh the dashboard after adding the second QaaWS connection (WEBI based on SAP BPC 10.0 Microsoft version cube). I believe it is not due to the structure of the second report block because I also tested with the first one and the error persists. I also believe its not due to lack of permissions I've checked everything: folders, web query, applications, universe, connections...

Additionaly I bring two prompts from webi: entity and time. The cell for the input of this prompts is the destination cell of my combo box. I use the same cell for both QaaWs

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!!

Best,

francisco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

This is a bug because a similar bug was found where multiple web services fail but individual work fine.

You can upgrade to BI 4.1 SP6 and follow the SAP note 2114577 - Dashboard is randomly not complete when consuming multiple different "Document As A Web Service" web services.

In the above SAP note the errors are different but the scenario is similar.Even if you are on BI 4.0 I would recommend you to upgrade to BI 4.1 's latest patch as many issues with web services are fixed.

Regards,

Amit

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Can you tell me if both the queries are independent of each other ,I mean if the output of one query is fed as input to other.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I have 1 webi query which is feeding two webi tables, from which i create those two different qaaws connections. I also tried to create two queries feeding those to tables, but i had the same problem...

thanks

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Are there any prompts in the dashboard and are these two web service refresh before components are loaded?

Let me know this if these 2 qaaws connections are dependent on each other or not.In the qaws connection we have input values so check if the data coming from the 1st qaaws is acting as a prompt for the second qaaws connection's prompt.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Yes there are two prompts in the dashboard: Entity and Time. They are being used by both connections.

No, there is no output data of one connections that is acting as input to another. However both connections are referencing the same cell for input prompt. This cell is in the same time the destination cell of the combo box where I select the filter.

best

francisco

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

First check if the two qaaws connections work separately in the dashboard that is keeo only one connection and test it.

check the version of BO server as there are many issues fixed in BI 4.1 SP6.

Also test the web services individually in the web service publisher in webi.Check if you get the error there.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

Connections are working separately, the issue arises when I try to refresh both at the same time.

My BO version is 4.0, do you think this might be the problem?

Best,

francisco

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1537988 - Error: " An internal error occured while calling th ProcessDPCommands API. ( ERR_WIS_30270...

Symptom

• WIS 30270 errors occur after migrating Web Intelligence report to XI 3 that contains multiple, combined or union queries
  • Attempting to refresh the WebI report produces the errors:
    • Error: ERR_WIS_30270 'processDPCommands'
    • Error message: "An internal error occured while calling th ProcessDPCommands API. (ERR_WIS_30270)"
  • The WebI Processing Server logs show:
    • **ERROR:C3_QTDataprovider:BOException caught in cdbQTDataProvider_GenerateSQLStatements : Generic application exception [kc3qtdataprovider.cpp;18                 
    • **ERROR:dgDocumentEx:ResetContextsMDP FAILED [kdgDocumentEx.cpp;6305]
    • **ERROR:dgDocumentEx:doGenerateStatementsMDP FAILED [kdgDocumentEx.cpp;2118]
    • **ERROR:WICDZ_i:BOException : BOException caught:RESULT=80047521;WHAT=GenerateStatements failed [kdgWICDZProc.cpp;432]
    • ct_cdz_error_context:MESSAGE:An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommands' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

Environment

• SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3
  • Business Intelligence Platform
  • Web Intelligence

Reproducing the Issue

1. Refresh Web Intelligence Document in XI 3 that contains multiple, combined or union queries
  2. Note Error: ERR_WIS_30270 'processDPCommands' is generated

Cause

• Report or data corruption can often cause this error
  • SQL generation differs between XIR2 and XI 3, saved SQL may need to be purged

Resolution

• If corruption is suspected, clear Web Intelligence cache and re-import the document and Universe
  • If re-importing the document and/or Universe does not correct the problem, try clearing the SQL by:
    1. Edit the WebI report
    2. Right mouse click within the Document and select "Document Properties"
    3. In the Document Properties menu on the right hand side of Infoview, uncheck "Auto-merge dimensions"
    4. Run the queries
    5. The error should not occur
    6. Save the document
    7. The document can be edited and "Auto-merge dimensions" checked after successfully running the query
Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately changing that parameter on the WEBI side didn't solve the error on the SAP Dashboards side...

Any other ideas?

thanks!!